Govind Bhawan is one of the oldest hostels in the campus with its foundation stone laid by Shrimati Durgabhai Deshmukh,Chairman,Social Welfare Board on 25th April,1957,& subsequently opened by Shri Hafiz Muhammed Ibrahim,Union Minister of Irrigation & Power on April 16,1958. It comprises of 2 new wings having a total of 114 rooms inaugurated 2 years back by then Director Dr. Premvrat. Construction of a whole new wing having 84 single seated rooms has been completed, which is soon to be inaugurated, and construction of 2 new wings having a total of 45 rooms is under process. The Bhawan has all the amenities like barber shop, tailor shop, STD/PCO for the comfort of students. Bhawan has facility of a small library, carrom board, chess, Table Tennis and music room (which has Drum, Synthesizer, Fluets, Guitar and Violin) for the use of its inmates. The whole bhawan is networked through wireless network (Wi-Fi) working 24x7.
Please visit *Govind Bhawan Website* here