- Architectural Design, Energy Conservation in Buildings, Architectural Design, Energy Conservation in Buildings
- History of Architecture both Western and Indian, Space and form through History
|Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)||Architecture||Nagpur University||1971|
|Master of Architecture (M.Arch)||Architecture||University of Roorkee||1977|
|Jan 2007||Dec 2010||Head of Department||Department of Architecture and Planning|
|2012||Contunuing||Chairman||Department Research Committee, Dept. of Arch. & Plng.|
|Feb 1992||2003||University/ Institute Architect||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Senate Member
- Council of Architecture (COA), Member
- Indian Institute Of Architects, Member
- Green Campus Committee of I.I.T.R., Member
- Indian Society for Construction Materials and Structures, Vice President
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|History of Architecture I||AR 307||B.Arch.Third Year||Autumn|
|Architectural Design Studio III||AR 701||M.Arch Second Year||Autumn|
|History of Architecture II||AR 206||B.Arch second Year||Spring|
|Architectural Design VI||AR 402||B.Arch Fourth Year||Spring|
|B.Arch Thesis||AR 501||B.Arch.Fifth Year||Autumn|
|Summer Training||AR 624||M.Arch.First year||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Green retrofit model for engineering campuses in Indian composite climate||Ms.Anchal Sharma||O||Aug.2009|
|Life cycle assessment of apartments in composite climate of North India||Ms.Shailaza Singh||O||Aug.2010|
|Enabling Environment for theMobility Impaired in Rural Areas||Gaurav Raheja||A||July2002|
|Planning and Design of Multi ModalTransport System for Delhi||Pawan Kumar||A||August 200|
|Affordable housing for the weaker section in Nagpur city||Vilas K.Bakde||O||July 2011|
RESEARCH CHAPTER(S) PUBLISHED IN BOOK(S)
1. Raheja Gaurav, Kulkarni, S.Y., (2005) : Design Approach for Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities in a report of an
Orientation Programme on Vocational Education for Key Functionaries working in the Field of ETR of Persons with Disabilities
held at by PSSCIVE (NCERT), Bhopal Pp 46-50.
2. Raheja Gaurav, Kulkarni, S.Y., (2005) : Barrier Free Environment : The Pathway to Accessibility, An Orientation Guide for
Promotion of Vocational Education & Training Among Persons with Disabilities, PSSCIVE (NCERT), Bhopal, Pp 82 – 91.
- Raheja Gaurav, Kulkarni, S.Y., Handa, S C (2007),Enablement by Universal Design, A BI Annual International Journal of Architecture, Conservation and Urban Studies (ABACUS), BITS Ranchi, Vol.2, No.2 Pp 31 – 37.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), “Planning Principles and Design Elements of Multi Modal Transport System in Delhi, online Journal (Vector1Media), Berlin, Germany. www.vector1media.com.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), “Multi Modal Transport System: Travel Solution”, Infrastructure Today, Mumbai, June, Vol 6, No. 11, pp 54-57.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), “Policy Oriented Approach for Multi Modal Transport System: Challenges Ahead”, Urban India ( A Journal of NIUA, Ministry of Urban Development, GOI),Jan-June , Vol XXIX, No.1, pp 101-119.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), “Multi Modal Transport for Seamless Mobility in Delhi: A Review”, SDR ( Bi-monthly Journal), July- August, Vol 16, No.4,pp 15-23.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), “Interchange Design for Seamless Travel”, MGS Architecture, Nov-Dec , Vol 5, Issue 2, pp 36-44.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), “Multi Modal Transportation System in Urban India: A Way forward towards Seamless Transport,” Institution of Engineers (India), Civil Engineering Journal, Nov , Vol 90, pp 13-18.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), “Design Approach for Multi Modal Transport System”, Architecture- Time , Space & People ( Journal of Council of Architecture), December, Vol 9, Issue 12, pp 26-33.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), “Evaluation of Transit Quality and Commuter Satisfaction in Multi Modal Transport System”, Urban Transport Journal, Institute of Urban Transport (India), December, Vol 8, No.1, pp 12-21.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), “Multi modal Transport System: Planning for Better Mobility in Delhi”, Nagarlok ( Journal of IIPA), Vol XLII, Jan-March, No. 1, pp 11-25.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), “Pedestrian Access to Multi Modal Public Transport”, Indian Journal of Transport Management, Pune, January- March, pp 4-16.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), “Integration of Bus and Metro towards Multi Modal Mass Transit for Delhi”, Shelter (HUDCO & HSMI Publication), April , pp 61-68.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), “Sustainable Multi Modal Urban Transport for Delhi”, Journal of Indian Building Congress, June 2010.
- Pawan Kumar, S.S.Jain, M. Parida and S.Y.Kulkarni( 2010),“Multi Modal Transport System: Management & Challenges Ahead”, New Building Material & Construction Works, Vol. 16, Issue 01, July,pp 268-274.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), “Art in Multi Modal Transport for Delhi: New Dimension for Aesthetics”, Architecture + Design (A Journal of Indian Architecture), Vol . XXVII, No. 8, August, pp 90-96.
16. Approach Towards Rural Building Industry Published in Souvenir for 24th Foundation Day of Department of Architecture and
Planning,Univrsity of Roorkee.
17. The Appropriate Approach in Architecture ,Published in Souvenir "Chimera" on the occasion of National Association of
Students of Architecture Annual Convention 1996 at University of Roorkee.
- Raheja, Gaurav, Kulkarni, S.Y., Handa, S.C., (2005), Enabling Environments for the Mobility Impaired in Rural Areas, International Ergonomics Conference on “ Humanizing Work and Work Environment , HWWE 2005, organized by IIT Guwahati , Pp 121.
- Raheja, Gaurav, Kulkarni, S.Y. (2004): Accessible Environments Through Universal Design, National Seminar on Universal Accessibility for Disabled Persons at CIRT Pune, Maharashtra.
- Raheja, Gaurav, Kulkarni S.Y, (2002), Barrier Free Technical Education : The Need Beyond Ramps, National Seminar on Challenges in Vocational & Technical Education to Persons with Disabilities, at SLIET, Longowal , Punjab, Pp 76-79.
- Raheja Gaurav, Kulkarni S.Y., (2002), User Friendly Cities – A future to realize, National Conference on Planning of Cities of Uttaranchal in relation to Vernacular Architecture,IIT Roorkee, Pp 25-30.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), Multi Modal Transport System for Delhi: Safety and Security Measures, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference “Transport Science and Technology Congress (TRANSTEC 2010)” April 4-7, 2010, New Delhi, India.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), Vulnerable Road Users in Multi Modal Transport System for Delhi: Policy Options for Better Mobility, International Conference on “Mobility and Safety of Vulnerable Road Users: Pedestrians, Motor Cyclists and Bicyclists”, May 30- June2, 2010, Jerusalem, Israel.(CD -ROM)
- Pawan Kumar, S.S.Jain, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), Accessibility to Transit Station in Multi Modal Transport Framework for Delhi, Proceedings of an International Conference on “Sustainable Built Environment (ICSBE-2010)”, organized by Faculty of Engineering, Peradeniya, Srilanka, December12-14, 201
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), Multi Modal Transport System in Metropolitan Region, Proceedings of 57th National Town & Country Planners’ Congress, January 23-25, Goa, India, pp 325-331.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), Planning of Multi Modal Transport System in Delhi: Need of the Hour , Proceedings of 6th International Conference on “ Good Urban Governance for Making Cities Work” January 29-31, Mumbai, India, pp 205-209.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), Multi Modal Transport System in Urban India , Proceedings of National Conference on “ Developing Harmonious & Sustainable Cities in India for a Better Urban Future “ March 20-21, New Delhi, India.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), Multi Modal Transport for Delhi: Policy based Analysis, Proceedings of 12th International Conference of International Association for Travel Behaviour Research (IATBR), Dec 13-18, 2009, Jaipur, India. ( CD-ROM )
- Pawan Kumar, S.S.Jain, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), Multi Modal Transport System: An Integrated Approach, Proceedings of National Conclave on “Construction”, August 13-14, 2009, New Delhi, India, pp 101-109.
- Pawan Kumar, S.S.Jain, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), Role of Non-motorized Vehicles in Multi Modal Transport System for Delhi, Proceedings of Civil Engineering Conference on “Innovation without Limits”, Sept. 18-19, 2009,NIT Hamirpur, pp 290-293.
- Pawan Kumar,S.S.Jain, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2009), Walking and Cycling as Constituent Modes of Multi Modal Transport System, Proceedings of 4th Uttarakhand Science Congress, Nov.12-14, Pant Nagar, pp 196.
- Pawan Kumar, S.Y.Kulkarni and M. Parida (2010), Planning for Multi Modal Public Transport as Attractive Mode and Sustainable Lifeline, Proceedings of National Seminar on “Sustainable Lifelines: Transportation Planning and Management”, March 12-13, Guru Ramdas School of Planning, GNDU Amritsar, pp 128-132.
- City Administration and Politics presented and published in 28th Annual Seminar proceedings of Institute of Town Planners,India, co-author Dr.Najamuddin, Professor and Head ,Architecture and Planning department,University of Roorkee.
- Approach to the design of class room furniture for primary schools, presented in the introductort technical workshop on the exchange of experiences in the field of educational facilities.Published in UNESCO seminar proceedings,New Delhi, co-author (late)Prof.G.M.Mandalia, Head and Prof. Najamuddin,Architecture and Planning Department,University of Roorkee.
- "Qualitative aspects of civic spaces within Urban Shopping Area",published in the 29th Annual Seminar proceedings of Institute of Town Planners, India, co-author Dr. Najamuddin, Professor,Architecture and Planning Department, University of Roorkee.
- "Planning and Design considerations for the school for the deaf", presented and published in an International Conference on Schoolsat Central Building Research Institute,Roorkee,India,co-author Dr.S.C.Handa, Professor Civil Engineering Department, University of Roorkee.
- "Focus, Feasibility and Financial Viability of School Buildings", presented and published in other country technical workshop on exchange of experiencs in the field of Educational Facilities 1980,organized by National Institute of Education,Planning and Administration,17-B,Arvindo Marg,New Delhi,co-author (late)Prof.G.M.Mandalia and Dr.Najamuddin,Architecture and Planning Department, University of Roorkee.
- Some important aspects of Thermal Energy in Historical Buildings under U.K.--REC' project at M.A.C.T, Bhoppal august,1994,co-author Ms.Anupama Sharma,assistant professor, Architecture and Planning Department,University of Roorkee.
- Energy Conservation Techniques in Historical Buildings, International Seminar on Civil Engineering Practices on the 21st century, at University of Roorkee,India,February 26-28, 1996.
- Thermal Comfort and Historical Buildings, symposium on Living 21st Century, at University of roorkee,march23-24,1996,co-sponsored by Roorkee Regional Chapter of the Institute of Town Planners,India.
- S.Y.Kulkarni (2002) "Rediscovering the great Taj Through the Landscape of Water" Presented and Published in the Proceedings of the International conference on Landsapes of Water History, Innovation and Sustainable Design 26-29 September at Monopoli,Italy,pp 301-304.