- Geomatics Engineering, Remote Sensing, GPS, Geodesy,AI, Soft Computations, Automated System Development, Cognition
|2012||On-going||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|1998||2012||Assistant Professor||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|1985||1998||Lecturer||National Institute of Technology Silchar|
|1984||1985||Civil Engineer||U.K.Barua & Co. Guwahati|
|Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award 2013 to my guided thesis by SRISTI, IIM Ahmedabad||SRISTI, IIM Ahmedabad||2013|
|Students Innovative Project to my guided doctoral thesis by INAE, New Delhi||INAE, New Delhi||2012|
|Best paper award in GEOMATRIX 12||IIT Bombay||2012|
|ERASMUS MUNDUS research fellowship (at ISEGI Lisbon, Portugal)||European Union||2009|
|Best Paper of Photonirvachak||Indian Society for Remote Sensin||2009|
|Scholarship for research paper by FIG Foundation||International Federal of Surveyors (FIG), Denmark||2009|
|Research Scholarship (to work at Institute of Applied Sciences, Karlsruhe Germany)||DAAD, Germany||2007|
|Fellowship for Doctoral study at IIT Roorkee||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi||1993|
|Fellowship for Post-graduate (M.Tech.) study at IIT Kanpur||AICTE, New Delhi||1988|
|1st prize in the National Design Competition among Civil Engineering Students||Institution of Engineers India||1984|
|State (Assam) Merit Scholar||Governmant of Assam||1979|
|National (India) Scholar||Government of India||1977|
|Ph.D.||Civil Engineering (Remote Sensing)||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee INDIA||1997|
|M.Tech||Civil Engineering (Surveying, Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing)||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur INDIA||1990|
|B.E.||Civil Engineering||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur Howrah INDIA||1984|
|2016||Till date||Co-ordinator, Geomatics Engineering section||Geomatics Engineering section, Civil engineering Department, IIT Roorkee|
|2014||2016||Member, Departmental TT Committee||Civil engineering Department, IIT Roorkee|
|2014||2016||Secretary, Deptt. Administrative Com||Civil engineering Department, IIT Roorkee|
|2014||2016||O.C. M.Tech, Geomatics Engineering Group||Geomatics Engineering section, Civil engineering Department, IIT Roorkee.|
|2010||2012||O.C. M.Tech, Geomatics Engineering Group||Geomatics Engineering section, Civil engineering Department, IIT Roorkee|
|2010||2010||Co-ordinator, Geomatics Engineering section||Geomatics Engineering section, Civil engineering Department, IIT Roorkee|
|2006||2008||O.C. Lab Geomatics Engineering section||Geomatics Engineering section, Civil engineering Department, IIT Roorkee.|
|Dimensionality Reduction of Hyper-spectral Remote Sensing Data||ISRO||2012|
|Development of an automated Warning System (SLIDEWARN) for monitoring of Mansa Hill (Haridwar||MHRD||2011|
|Estimation of PWV using GPS Sponsored by DST (NRDMS) (Rs. 14.6 Lacs||DST||2010|
|Mapping of potentially active zones of ground subsidence in and around Mussoorie||DRIL, IIT Roorkee||2003|
|Development of a decision support system for Landslide in a North-Eastern Region using Satellite and||AICTE, New Delhi||2002|
- The Institute of Navigation (ION), USA, Professional Member
- Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS) (L-638), Life Member
- Indian Society of Geomatics (ISG) (L-340), Life Member
- Indian National Cartographic Association (INCA) (LM-938), Life Member
- Institution of Engineers (Ind) [IE],(LM-111548) , Life Member
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), (LM-11258), Life Member
- Indian Society for Continuing Engineering Education , Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Principles of Surveying||CEN 203||U.G.||Spring|
|Engineering Graphics||CEN 291||U.G.||Autumn|
|Digital Image Processing||ICE02||U.G||Autumn|
|GPS Surveying||CEN 514||P.G.||Autumn|
|Fuzzy Image Processing||CEN 653||P.G.||Spring|
|Introduction to Geodesy and GPS Surveying||CEN 514||P.G.||Autumn|
|Expert System, Neural Network and Fuzzy Systems||CEN 611||P.G.||Spring|
|Remote Sensing and Image Processing||CEN 513||P.G.||Autumn|
|Hyperspectral Remote Sensing||CEN 654||P.G.||Spring|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Thesis: Study of Health of Structures using GPS Measurements, (2016)||Alok Rawat|
|Thesis: Study of Air Pollution using remote sensing, (2016)||Digvijay Singh|
|Thesis: Analysis of Grace Satellite Gravity Field Data for North India||Vivek Agarwal|
|Project: Engineering Survey for storm water drainage system for IITR, (2016-17)||UG Final Year Students|
|Thesis: GPS Based Health Monitoring of a Cable Stayed Foot Bridge, (2015)||Ankur Goyal|
|Thesis: A Comparative Study of Dimensionality Reduction of Indian Hyperspectral Data, (2015)||Vishal Saini|
|Thesis: Water Quality Mapping and Analysis in a Stretch of Upper Ganga Canal,(2015)||Ajay Kumar|
|Thesis: Development of GPS Based System for Monitoring of Speed Vehicle, (2015)||Tanvir Singh Marwah|
|Thesis: A Study of Solid Earth Tides, (2014)||Shray Pathak|
|Thesis: Reliability Analysis of GPS Data, (2014)||Sumit Moreshwar Meshram|
|Thesis: Effect of rainfall on land-slope stability using TRMM Data, (2014)||Shweta Verma|
|Project:Engineering Survey for planning and design of a multi-storyed residential complex, (2014-15)||UG Final Year Students|
|Thesis: A comparative study of Ambiguity Resolution of GPS Observations,(2013)||Gopal Singh Phartiyal|
|Thesis: Development of a software for Dimensionality Reduction of Hyperspectral RS Data,(2013)||Nikhil Sharma|
|Thesis: GPS network adjustment using Kalman Filter, (2012)||Bharat Bhushan|
|Thesis: Prediction of Ionospheric error in GPS data, (2012)||Pradeep Chaudhary|
|Thesis: Intelligent Prediction of Rainfall Using GPS and Meteorological Data, (2012)||Abhishek Sachan|
|Thesis: Analysis of FRP Web Core Bridge Deck Structure,(2011)||Md Tabrej Khan|
|Thesis: Development of Deterioration Model Using ANN, (2011)||Siddharth Upadhyay|
|Thesis: Study of Few Dimentionality Reduction Algorithms for Hyperspectral Data, (2011)||Amit P Mathew|
|Thesis: Soft Computation of Satellite Data for Land Cover, (2011)||Veerendra yadav|
|Thesis:Meshless method for Infinite Beams on Elastic Foundation, (2011)||Satish P Hajare|
|Thesis: ANN analysis of Geo-data, (2010)||Priyanka Chaturvedi|
|Thesis: Implementation of Improved CVA Approaches for Multi-Class Change Detection from RS data(2010||Avnish Varshney|
|Project: Estimation of PWV at IITR using Geomatics and Conventional techniques, (2010-11)||UG Final Year Students|
|Project: Engineering Survey of Geotechnical and Geo-informatic analysis of a slope stability,2010-11||UG Final Year Students|
|Project: Geo-deformation Analysis Through Geodetic and Geotechnical Investigation, (2008-09)||UG Final Year Students|
|Thesis: Static and Dynamic Analysis of Mansa Devi Hill Landslide using Flac 3D and DEM, (2009)||Saiful Islam|
|Thesis: Analysis of structural deformation based on GPS data, (2008)||Sutar Nayeen A.|
|Thesis: Kalman Filtering on state vectors of GPS receiver, (2008)||Sunil Kumar|
|Thesis: Development of a GPS based Deformation Monitoring System. (2008)||Siddharth Verma|
|Project:Geospatial Impact of a landslide using GIS (2006-07)||UG Final Year Students|
|Thesis: Development of a Landslide Hazard Assessment System, (2007)||Devanjan Bhattacharya|
|Thesis: Accuracy Assessment of Sub-pixel Classification, (2007)||Ravindra Kr Goyal|
|Thesis: Water Vapor Estimation Using GPS, (2007)||Abhishek Dubey|
|Thesis: Fractal Based Image Analysis (2006)||Ankur|
|Project:Engineering Survey of Transportation Infra-structure Improvement in Roorkee City,(2004-05)||UG Final Year Students|
|Thesis:Some Accuracy Assessment Methods for Fuzzy Classification of RS Data - A Comparative Study||Kriti Mukharjee|
|Project: Engineering Survey for proposal for construction of a dam on Jamrani river, (2001-02)||UG Final Year Students|
|Thesis:Expert System for Drainage Pattern, 2000||Vijay Bhardwaj|
|Project: Engineering Survey for proposal of sewage treatment plant construction,(1998-99)||UG Final Year Students|
|Upendra Kuamr Mishra||A Study of Different Methods for Development of Indian Geoid Models|
|Vinay Kumar||Target Detection Using Hyperspectral Images in Thermal Infra-red Band|
|Naveen Chandra||Cognitive Interpretation of Satellite Image|
|Deepti Yadav||Camouflged Target Detection|
|Ashu Sharma||Psychovisual Image Segmentation|
|Sharwan Ram||Automated System for Acquisition of Geo-spatial Data|
|Suraj Sawant||Intelligent Route Allignment System|
|Ajay Kumar Patel||Hyperspectral Remote Sensing|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Indian Topographic Map Understanding System||Dr. Gitanjali G Rao||A||2010|
|Site-Specific Estimation of Precipitable Water Vapor using GPS data||Dr. Dinesh Singh||A||2008|
|Remote Sensing Based Forest Cover mapping Using Recent Techniques||Dr. Sunil Chandra||A||2004|
|Fractal Analysis for Dimensionality Reduction of Hyper spectral Data||Dr. Kriti Mukherjee||A||2008|
|Development of a Geo-Hazard Warning Communication System.||Dr. Devanjan Bhattacharyaa||A||2008|
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Portland Oregon, USA||International Conference ION GNSS 2011 & presented a paper ALWES (Automated Landslide Early Warning System ) – A Prototype System under Development||2011|
|Kyoto, Japan||International Conference of ISPRS Technical Commission VIII Symposium||2010|
|Instituto Superior de Estatística e Gestão de Informação, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal||To carry out Post-graduate Teaching & Research as ERASMUS MUNDUS European Union fellow.||2009|
|Institution of Surveyors, Israel||To attend International Conference on Surveyors Key Role in Accelerated Development under FIG Working Week 2009 at Eilat, Israel||May 2009|
|Politecnico de Torino, Italy||Bi-lateral cooperation leading to exchange of Young Indian scholar for joint research project.||Sept 2008|
|University of Applied Sciences, Karlsruhe GERMANY||For Post-doctoral research under DAAD fellowship program.||May 2007|
|A UAV based Autonomous System for surveillance and proclamation of warning during disaster' in the SSTDM (Small satellite and Technological Development for Disaster management)||IISc Bangalore||G||2014|
|GPS for GIS" in the STTP on “GIS applications in Engineering||NIT Silchar||I||2014|
|Geomatics for Small Hydro-power Projects||AHEC IITR, India||I||2012|
|E-learning in the Perspective of Surveying||University of Applied Sciences, Karlsruhe Germany||G||2007|
|Approach of IITR in VLBI program in India||BARC, Mumbai||T||2006|
|GPS Surveying||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||G||2006|
|GPS Data Collection Analysis" on RS and GIS applications with special emphasis to Infrastructure Planning||QIP STC||I||2004|
|GPS for forest Surveying||Forest Survey of India, Dehradun||G||2003|
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Bernese GNSS Software V5.2 Introduction Course||University of Bern, Switzerland||2015|
|GAMIT/GLOBK Advanced Users Workshop||C-MMACS Bangalore||March 2009|
|Global Positioning System and its application||IIRS Dehradun||Nov 2000|
|Device Drivers for Personal Computers||University of Roorke||June 1994|
|Application of Finite Element method in Engineering||IIT Kharagpur||May1994|
|Oil Pollution; Monitoring, Prevention and Control||University of Roorke||June 1992|
|Optimisation Techniques in Process Engineering||IISc Bangalore||Apr 1986|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|GPS Surveying||Candidates||Feb 2007|
|Rural Infrastructure Development||NABARD, India||May 2006|
|GPS Surveying||Candidates||Nov 2005|
|GPS Surveying||Candidates||July 2004|
|GPS and its application||Candidates||Dec 2004|
|GPS and its application||Candidates||Dec 2003|
|GPS Surveying||Candidates||June 2002|
|Training programme on GPS||Candidates||Sept 2001|
|OVERVIEW OF GEOMATICS ENGINEERING AND ITS RELEVANCE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING||BANKURA UNNAYANI INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING, BANKURA, WEST BENGAL.||OCTOBER 28|
|E-learning in the Perspective of Surveying||University of Applied Sciences, Karlsruhe Germany||June 14, 2|
1. A Text Book on GPS Surveying
By: Dr. Jayanta Kumar Ghosh
CRC Press, US.(First Edition), year: 2016
2. Elementary Engineering Surveying
By: Dr. Jayanta Kumar Ghosh
Published by: Studium Press (India) Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi Page No: 304 (Vol 01) year: 2009
Peer-Reviewed Journal papers
42. Naveen Chandra and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh (2016). A cognitive based method for building detection from high resolution satellite images. Current Science (Accepted)
41. Vinay Kumar and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh (2016). Objects Detection in Hyperspectral Images using Spectral Derivative, Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing (Accepted)
40. Upendra Nath Mishra and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh (2016). Development of a Gravimetric Geoid Model and a Comparative study, Journal of Geodesy & Cartography 2016, 42(3): 75–84, (September). http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.3846/20296991.2016.1226368
39.Vinay Kumar and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh (2016). Camouflage Detection using MWIR Hyperspectral Images, Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing. (Accepted)
38. Ghosh. J.K. and U. Mishra (2016). Determination Of Geoid Undulation By Astro-Geodetic Method, ASCE Journal of Surveying Engineering, Volume 142, Issue 3 (August 2016).
37. N.G. Ganpatrao and J. K. Ghosh (2015). Indian Topographical Map Symbols Understanding System, IET Computer Vision, The Institution of Engineering and Technology, Vol.9, Issue 2, pp. 300–308 (April).
36. Ghosh. J.K. and S. Pathak (2015). A study on variation in Position of an Indian Station due to Solid Earth Tides, Journal of Earth System Science, 124, No. 3, pp. 603–612 (April).
35. Bhattacharya, Devanjan, J. K. Ghosh, J. Komarkova, S. Banerjee and H. Kutoglu. Distributed GIS for Automated Natural Hazard Zonation Mapping Internet SMS Warning towards Sustainable Society, Cogent Engineering,1, 961346.
34. Ghosh. J.K., D.Bhattacharya, P.Boccardo and N.K.Samadhiya. Automated Geo-Spatial Hazard Warning System GEOWARNS: An Italian Case Study, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, ASCE DOI:10.1061/(ASCE)CP.1943-5487.0000372.
33. D. Singh, D., J.K. Ghosh, D. Kashyap. Precipitable water vapor estimation in India from GPS-derived Zenith delays using radiosonde data, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 123:209–220.
32. D. Singh, D., J.K. Ghosh, D. Kashyap. Weighted mean temperature model for extra tropical region of India. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar- Terrestrial Physics 107, 48–53.
31. Mukherjee K, A. Bhattacharya, J.K.Ghosh and M.K.Arora. Comparative performance of fractal based and conventional methods for dimensionality reduction of hyperspectral data, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol 55, pp 267-274 (April).
30. Bhattacharya,D., J.K. Ghosh, P. Boccardo and J. Komarkova. Automated Geo-Spatial System for Generalized Assessment of Socio-Economic Vulnerability due to Landslide in a Region, European Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume: 46 Pages: 379 - 399 DOI: 10.5721/EuJRS20134622 http://www.aitjournal.com/articleView.aspx?ID=799
29. Sharma, N and J. K. Ghosh. Sevcik’s Fractal Based Dimensionality Reduction of Hyper-Spectral Remote Sensing Data, International Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Vol.4, Issue 2, April-June, pp 52-55.
28. Kriti Mukherjee, Jayanta K Ghosh and Ramesh C. Mittal (2013). Variogram Fractal Dimension Based Features for Hyperspectral Data Dimensionality Reduction, Photonirvachak, Journal of Indian Soc Remote Sens, Vol. 41 No.2 (June), 249-258. DOI 10.1007/s12524-012-0225-4.
27. N.G. Ganpatrao and J. K. Ghosh. Information extraction from topographic map using colour and shape analysis, Journal of the Indian Academy of Sciences, SADHANA, October 2014, Volume 39, Issue 5, pp 1095-1117, DOI 10.1007/s12046-014-0270-5
26. Gitanjali G. Nikam and J. K. Ghosh. Soft Computation Based Topographic Map Legend Understanding Prototype System, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-3, Issue-1, March 2013, pp. 116-120
25. Varshney, A., M. K. Arora and J.K. Ghosh. Median change vector analysis algorithm for land use land cover change detection from remote sensing data, International Journal of Remote Sensing Letters Vol. 3, No. 7, 10 December 2012,605–614.
24. D. Bhattacharya, J. K. Ghosh and N. K. Samadhiya. A Review Of Geo-Hazard Warning Systems Towards Development Of A Popular Usage Geo-Hazard Warning Communication System, ASCE Natural Hazards Review, November.
23. D. Singh, J.K. Ghosh and D. Kashyap. The temporal variation of mean gravity of atmosphere, Advances in Space Research 50, 7 (October) 963–972.(http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2012.06.007)
22. J. K. Ghosh, D. Bhattacharya, P. Boccardo and N. K. Samadhiya. A Generalized Geo- Hazard Warning System, Natural Hazards, Volume 64 Number 2(DOI)10.1007/s11069-012-0296-0. http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp? genre=article&id=doi:10.1007/s11069-012-0296-0
21. D. Singh, Ghosh, J.K. and D. Kasyap. Development of a site specific ZHD model using Radiosonde data, Journal Acta Geodaetica et Geophysica Hungarica, Vol. 47 (1), pp Vol. 47, No.1 (March), pp. 90-100 DOI:10.1556/AGeod.47.2012.1.8 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1556/AGeod.47.2012.1.8).
20. Mukherjee, K., Ghosh, J.K., and Mittal, R.C. Dimensionality Reduction of Hyperspectral Data Using Spectral Fractal Energy Features”, Geocarto International Vol. 27, No. 6, October 2012, 515–53.
19. Ghosh, J.K, D. Singh and A. Dubey. Comparative study of zenith hydrostatic models for PWV estimation over Bangalore, Journal of Geomatics Vol. 6 No. 1.
18. Bhattacharya, D, J. K. Ghosh, P. Boccardo and N. K. Samadhiya. Wireless Hazard Communication System, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Vol. 13, Issue 4, October 10, 2011. (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/13287261111183997).
17. Ghosh, J.K. and D. Bhattacharya. A Knowledge Based Landslide Susceptibility Zonation System, ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, Vol.24, No.4, pp.325-334. (http://ascelibrary.org/doi/abs/10.1061/(ASCE)CP.1943-5487.0000034)
16. Ghosh, J.K., A. Singh and K. Mukherjee. Detection of Anomaly in Water Body using Hyperspectral Images, Journal of Geomatics Vol. 3 No. 2 pp 53-56 (October).
15. Ghosh, J.K. and A. Dubey. Impact of India's New Map Policy on Accuracy of GIS theme, Photonirvachak, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol. 37, No. 1 pp 1-7 (June).
14. Ghosh, J.K., R. Goel and K. Mukherjee (2008). Measures Based on Fuzzy Correlation Coefficient for Accuracy assessment of Fuzzy Classification, International Journal of Geoinformatics, Vol.4, No.4, 09-16 (December).
13. Devanjan Bhattacharya and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh. An Evaluation of Knowledge Representation Schemes as a Pre-requisite towards development of a Knowledge Based System. ASCE Journal of Computing in American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.22, No.6 pp 348-359 ( November/December).
12. J.K. Ghosh and Singh, A. Fractal Compression Of Satellite Images, Photonirvachak, Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol. 36, No. 4 pp 299-311 (December) (Won ISRS best paper award 2008).
11. J.K. Ghosh and A. Singh. Fractal Based Dimensionality Reduction of Hyper-spectral Images, Photonirvachak, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Dehradun, Vol. 36, No.3 pp 235-241 (September)
10. Ghosh, J.K. and A. Dubey. Sensitivity Analysis of GPS Estimated PWV. Journal of Geomatics Vol.2, No.1 pp 37-42, (April)
9. J.K. Ghosh, A. Singh, and R.C.Mittal. Fractal Feature for Classification of Hyper- spectral Images of Moffit Field, USA, Current Science, Vol. 94, No. 3, pp 356-358 (February).
8. Ghosh, J.K and A. Dubey. India?s New Map Policy – Utility of Civil User, Journal of Current Science, Vol. 94, No. 3, pp 332-337 (February).
7. Ghosh, J.K, O. Sharma and A. Goyal. GPS Based Control Points for Mapping, Coordinate, A Journal on Navigation, October 2006, pp 24-27.
6. Ghosh, J. K., K. Kishore, M. Juhuri and D. Sodani. Measurement of deflection of a bridge, Coordinate, A Journal on Navigation, August 2005, pp 23-24.
5. Ghosh, J.K. Automated Interpretation of Sub-pixel Vegetation from IRS LISS-II Images, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume 25, No. 6, 1207-1222 (June).
4. Ghosh, J.K., Godbole, P.N., and Ghosh, S.K. Automated Interpretation of sub-pixel Water Cover from Satellite Images, Photonirvachak, the Journal of the Indian Society for Remote Sensing, Vol. 30, No.1 & 2 pp 53-59.
3. Ghosh, J.K. Global Positioning System and its Application. Indian Journal of Continuing Engineering Education, January 2002 (pp 42-48).
2. Ghosh, J.K. Automated Mapping of Vegetation from Satellite data, Geoinformation Science Journal, Vol.1, No. 2, 61-65 (April).
1. Ghosh, J.K. Land Treatment as a Waste Water Management Alternative,Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), Students’ Journal, Vol. 64, Pt.S 3,pp 84-85.
Fully Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
51. Deepti Yadav • Manoj K. Arora • K. C. Tiwari • J. K. Ghosh, (2016) “Performing target specific band reduction using artificial neural networks and assessment of its efficacy using various target detection algorithms”, SPIE Defense + Security
50. Deepti Yadav • Manoj K. Arora • K. C. Tiwari • J. K. Ghosh, (2016), “ An assessment of effects of various parameters on performance of target detection using hyperspectral data”, SPIE Asia-Pacific Remote Sensing.
49. Sharma Ashu, Ghosh J.K., "Saliency Based Segmentation of Satellite Images", Photometric Image Analysis + High Resolution Earth Imaging for Geospatial Information, Munich, Germany (http://www.isprs-ann-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/II-3-W4/207/2015/isprsannals-II-3-W4-207-2015.pdf).
48. Mishra, U and J. K. Ghosh (2013). A Study of Determination of GEOID Undulation by Astrogeodetic Method, ION GNSS+ 2013, September 16-20, 2013, Nashville, Tennessee USA.
47. Gitanjali G. Nikam and J. K. Ghosh (2012). Indian Topographic Map Symbols Understanding System, Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Second International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP-2013), pp. 33-38.
46. Mukherjee K, J.K. Ghosh and R.C. Mittal. Variogram fractal dimension based features fo hyperspectral data Dimensionality reduction, GEOMATRIX-12, An international conference on Geospatial Technologies & Applications, February 26-29, Mumbai [Best paper award].
45. Mathew, A.P and J. K. Ghosh. A comparative study of nonlinear dimensionality reduction algorithms for hyperspectral data, GEOMATRIX-12, An international conference on Geospatial Technologies & Applications, February 26-29, Mumbai.
44. Nikam G. G. and J. K. Ghosh. A Topographic Map Legend Understanding Prototype System, GEOMATRIX-12, An international conference on Geospatial Technologies & Applications, February 26-29, Mumbai.
43. Singh. D, J.K.Ghosh and D.Kashyap. Regional mean temperature model for estimation of precipitable water vapor, GEOMATRIX-12, An international conference on Geospatial Technologies & Applications, February 26-29, Mumbai.
42. Ghosh, J. K. ALWES (Automated Landslide Early Warning System ) – A Prototype System under Development, ION GNSS 2011, Portland USA (September 20-23).
41. J. K. Ghosh, D. Bhattacharya, P. Boccardo and N. K. Samadhiya. A Landslide Hazard Warning System, International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Science, Volume XXXVIII, Part 8, pp 261-265.
40. Jayanta Kumar Ghosh, Devanjan Bhattacharya, Ankur Mundra, Yuvraj Singh, Vinayak Shrestha and Ram Bhuwan Chauhan , India. Geo-deformation Analysis Using GPS, XXIV FIG International Congress 2010 on “Facing the Challenges – Building the Capacity?Sydney, Australia, 11-16 April.
39. Bhattacharya, D, J. K. Ghosh, P. Boccardo and N. K. Samadhiya (2010). A Popular Usage based Hazard Warning System, International Conference Gi4DM 2010, Turin Italy (February 2-4)
38. Ghosh, J.K. and K. Mukherjee. “Fractal Based Dimensionality Reduction of Hyper- spectral Images using power spectrum Method” Advances in Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing : Methods and Applications, Edited by João Manuel R.S. Tavares, R.M. Natal Jorge, Springer Publication, pp 89-94. (ISBN: 978-0-415-57041-1)
37. Ghosh, J.K. and K. Mukherjee. “Dimensionality Reduction Of Hyper-spectral Data: A Fractal Based Approach“, WHISPERS 2009, IEEE workshop on Hyper-spectral Image and Signal Processing - Evolution in Remote Sensing, Grenoble, France 26-28, August.
36. Ghosh, J. K., Bhattacharya, D. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2009), “GEOWARNS: A System to Warn Geo-deformation Failure”, Procs . FIG Working Week 2009 Surveyors Key Role in Accelerated Development, Eilat, Israel, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp. 1-12 [FIG Award Winner] (http://www.fig.net/pub/fig2009/papers/ts04b/ts04b_ghosh_bhattacharya_samadhiya_3435.pdf.)
35. Ghosh, J.K. and Bhattacharya, D. Landslide Hazard Automated Zonation (LHAZ) System. 12th International Conference of International Asociation for Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics (IACMAG), October 1-6, 2008, Goa, India (Double Peer Reviewed).
34. Dubey. A and J.K. Ghosh, (2006). "India's New Map Policy - Utility of `Civil User" ISPRS TC-IV International Symposium on “Geospatial Data bases for sustainable Development” Goa Abstracts pp6.
33. Singh. A, J.K. Ghosh and R.C.Mittal.Fractal Compression Of IRS LISS-II Images, 25th ISRS Annual Convention and National Symposium, “Emergence of Geoinformatics for Development : Trends & Opportnities”, December 6-9,Ranchi India,, Compendium of abstract pp 214.
32. Ghosh, J.K. and Sahil Suri. A Knowledge Based System for Assessment of Landslide Hazard, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference: IGC-2005, December 17-19, Ahmedabad, pp. 393-396.
31. Lakkad, J and J.K.Ghosh. Fractal feature of land use class of satellite images. Proceedings of 46 th International Symposium Elmar 2004. June 16-18, Zadar, Croatia pp 561-566.
30. Ghosh, J.K., Godbole, P.N., and Ghosh, S.K. Mapping of Tea Gardens from satellite Images- A Fuzzy Knowledge-Based Image Interpretation System. International Archives for Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing (Part-B).
29. Ghosh, J.K. Computer Understanding of Sub-pixel Land Cover, in International Archives of Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing. Vol. XXX.
28. Ghosh, J.K., Lamar, H., and Roel, N. Forest Cover and Land Use Mapping of a region of Barak Valley of Assam, India using IRS LISS II imagery, in International Archives of Photogrammetry & Remote sensing. Vol. XXIX.
27. Ghosh, J.K. and Rampal, K.K. Mapping of Mineralized Zone in Jharia/Raniganj Coal Fields using Remote Sensing Imagery at Congress VIII of International Society of Mine Surveying held at Lexington Kentucky, USA
Other Conference Papers
33. Naveen Chandra, Jayanta Kumar Ghosh and Ashu Sharma, (2016), "A Cognitive-Based Approach for Building Detection from High-Resolution Satellite Images", In proceedings of IEEE international conference on advances in computing, communication & automation, April 2016, Dehradun, pp-1-5.
32. Naveen Chandra and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh, (2016), "A Cognitive Perspective on Road Network Extraction from High-Resolution Satellite Images", In proceedings of “IEEE international conference on next generation computing technologies- October 2016”, Dehradun.
31. Naveen Chandra, Ashu Sharma and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh, (2016), "A Cognitive Method for Object Detection from Aerial Image", In proceedings of IEEE international conference on computing communication and automation-April 2016, Greater Noida.
30. Naveen Chandra, Ashu Sharma and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh, (2016), "A Cognitive Approach for Road Network Extraction from High-Resolution Satellite Imagery"- Paper accepted in “IEEE international conference on computing, analytics and security trends-2016”, Pune.
29. Naveen Chandra and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh, (2016), "Cognition Based Method for Object Detection from High-Resolution Satellite Images" Abstract communicated in “annual conventions of Indian society of remote sensing & Indian society of geomatics-2016”, IIRS Dehradun.
25. Gitanjali G. Nikam and J. K. Ghosh (2011). A Map Legend Understanding System, Proceedings of the International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS 2011), IIT Roorkee, India, December 20-22, 2011, Vol. 131, No. 2, pp. 41-47. Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing Volume 131, 2012, pp 53-62, springerlink.com. DOI-10.1007/978-81-322-0491-6.
24. Dinesh Singh and Jayanta Kumar Ghosh. Effect of Precipitable water Vapor in Microwave Propagation, 7th international Conference on Microwaves, Antenna, Propagation and Remote Sensing (ICMARS – 2011), International Center for Radio Science (ICRS), Jodhpur, India, December 2011, Paper -147 (S7-04).
23. 'Varshney, A., Arora, M. K. and Ghosh, J.K. " A Modified Change Vector Analysis Algorithm for Land Use Land Cover Change Detection from Remote Sensing Data" Conference Proceedings on remote sensing and GIS for environmental management (RSGIS-EM2010), 10 Aug, Jamia Millia Islamia Delhi,India, pp.215-226.
22. Ghosh,J.K.and D.Bhattacharya.“Landslide hazard warning system (LANDWARNS)”, India Disaster Management Congress, New Delhi, November 4-6.
21. J.K. Ghosh and Bhattacharya. D. A Knowledge Based System for Assessment of Impact of Landslide on Population of a region in Uttarakhand” at National Conference on “ Geomatics and impact of climate change with specific reference to Mountain Eco-system” February 5, Dehradun.
20. Verma, S., J.K.Ghosh and R. Yadav. Development of Deformation Monitoring System based on GNSS sensor, Proceedings of symposium of Location India 2008, February 7-8, Noida.
19. Ghosh, J.K. An Automated System for Zonation of Landslide in Tehri-Garhwal District, Uttarakhand (India), Proceedings of Conference on LANDSLIDE MANAGEMENT, present scenario and future directions, Roorkee, February 10-12.
18. Verma, S., J.K.Ghosh and R. Yadav. Development of a Prototype for Monitoring of Deformation, Proceedings of Conference on Challenges and Applications of Mathematical Modelling Techniques in Building Science and Technology (CAM2tBST), Roorkee, February 7-8.
17. Ghosh, J.K., Johri, M., Kishore, K., and Sodani, D. “Bridge Deflection Measurement Using Space Technology”, Proc. of the International Conference on Civil Engineering in the New Millennium: Opportunities and Challenges (CENeM-2007), 150-year anniversary conference at Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, India, Vol. II, pp. 1137-1141.
16. Bhattacharya, D., and Ghosh, J.K., (2008), “Landslide Understanding System”, Proc. of the International Conference on Civil Engineering in the New Millennium: Opportunities and Challenges" (CENeM-2007), 150- year anniversary conference at Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, India, Vol. III, pp. 1669-1672.
15. Ghosh, J.K. and A. Singh.Land-Cover Anomaly Detection Using Hyperspectral Images. Proceedings of the National Conference on High Resolution Remote Sensing & Thematic Application, December 18-20, 2007 Kolkata Pp 101.
14. Ghosh, J.K., S. Kumar and A. Dubey (2006). Precursor Of Earthquake Based On Geodetic Computation, 13th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering (13 SEE), December 18-20, Roorkee.
13. Ghosh, J.K., S. Vaibhav, K.Kishore, M. Juhuri and D. Sodani. Measurement of Deflection of Bridges Using GPS. Proceedings of National Symposium on Bridge Engineering March 24-25, Roorkee pp 605-611.
12. Singh. A, J.K. Ghosh and R.C.Mittal. Compression Ratio as Complexity Measure of Remote Sensing Images, Geomatics -2006, “Geomatics for Infrastructural Development”, January 4-6, Chennai India.
11. Vaibhav, S and J.K. Ghosh. Geomatics Based Measurement of Bridge Deflection. Geomatics -2006, “Geomatics for Infrastructural Development”, January 4-6, Chennai India pp.
10. Ghosh, J.K. and K. Mukherjee. A Comparative Study Of Accuracy Assessment Methods For Fuzzy Classification Of Satellite Images, Proceedings of Map India 2005, 7 – 9 February, New Delhi.
9. Mukherjee, K and J.K. Ghosh. GPS Based Fault Locator in Power Grid, Abstract 24th ISRS Annual Convention and National Symposium, “Converging Space Technologies for National development”, November 3-5, Jaipur India pp 227-229.
8. Lakkad, J and J.K.Ghosh. Fractal feature for land use class of satellite images, Abstract 24th ISRS Annual Convention and National Symposium, “Converging Space Technologies for National development”, November 3-5, Jaipur India pp 119.
7. Bhattachryaa. A and J.K. Ghosh. GPS Based Determination of Wind Force, Abstract 24th ISRS Annual Convention and National Symposium, “Converging Space Technologies for National development”, November 3-5, Jaipur India pp 235-237.
6. Ghosh, S and J.K. Ghosh. GPS Based Estimation of Real Time Agricultural Water Demand , Abstract 24th ISRS Annual Convention and National Symposium, “Converging Space Technologies for National development”, November 3-5, Jaipur India pp 6-8. (Won Award in ISRS 2004)
5. Ghosh, J.K., Godbole, P.N., and Ghosh, S.K. Automated Mapping of Tea Gardens from satellite Images, All India Seminar on Infrastructural Development in Uttaranchal- Problems & Prospects (IN-D-U-2001), Roorkee October
4. Ghosh, J.K. and Ch. V.A. Rao, GPS Control Point Positioning. Asian GPS Conference held at New Delhi (October 29-30).
3. Ghosh, J.K. Interpretation System for Sub-pixel Vegetation Cover, in Geoinformatics: Beyond 2000 an International Conference on Geoinformatics for Natural Resources Assessment, Monitoring and management held at Dehradun, India during March 9-11.
2. Ghosh, J.K. Sub-pixel Water Cover Interpretation System, National Conference on Remote Sensing for Natural Resources with special emphasis on infrastructure development held at Hyderabad, November 26-28.
1. Ghosh, J.K., Godbole, P.N., and Ghosh, S.K. VEXIN Vegetation EXpert Interpretation System Proceeding of International Workshop on International Mapping from Space held at Madras, India.
- Introduced course on GPS Applications/GPS Surveying in UG curriculum and in PG (Geomatics Engineering) in INDIA., Introduced Web based course on Surveying (2006) and Online course on GPS Surveying (2016) in INDIA through NPTEL program., 1. An automated system for transformation of open series Indian Topographic Maps into layers of geo-spatial information. 2. An automated warning system for Landslide hazard., • Development of a generalised approach for automated interpretation of satellite images. This is achieved by emulating an image analyst’s thinking and reasoning process of visual interpretation. • Development of a sub-pixel segmentation method for satellite image by using fuzzy resolution of ambiguity in boundary region. • An approach for sub-pixel interpretation of satellite data using fuzzy characteristics of pixels. • Development of a human based map understanding approach using neuro-fuzzy approach for topographic symbol understanding and management of vagueness using fuzzy set theory. • Legend-based map understanding that use morphological operators combined with shape descriptors. • Design and development of low level vision to high level vision computer enabled automated understanding system. • Developed new fractal based methods for reduction of dimensionality of hyper-spectral data. • Included the characteristics associated to specific wavelength regions of any pixel SRC through fractal dimension. • Enhanced the location information along an SRC by introducing multiple fractal dimensions for a single SRC. • Introduced the concept of spectral energy towards enhancement of class separability. , • Development of integral of feature based approach and learning based approach. • A mean gravity ZHD model for Indian region has been developed. The mean gravity model shows seasonal as well as diurnal variation. • The site specific as well as regional NWM model has been developed for Indian region. It has been used to estimate PWV with mm accuracy. The advantage of the model is that it is independent of surface temperature. • The site-specific weighted and regional mean temperature models have been developed for extra tropical region. Analysis of variables through log linear modelling for the selection of most significant ones to assist in reduction in data size increasing the efficiency of forest mapping from remotely sensed data. The approach may be utilised by forestry agencies in forest management and planning of forest resources at operational level. The site specific and regional ZHD model have been developed for Indian study areas based on surface pressure. The model has been found to be highly accurate and accuracy may be expected up to sub millimeter and even less.