Areas of Interest
- Geotechnical , Geotechnical
|M.Tech||Water Resources Engg.||IIT-Kanpur||1985|
|B.E.||Civil Engg.||M.N.R. Engg. College, Allahabad.||1983|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Strength behaviour of jointed rocks reinforced with passive bolts||Srivastava L.P.||A||Jan 2010|
|Evaluation of blast induced damage in underground excavation||Verma Harsh||A||2008|
|Bearing capacity of shallow foundations on jointed rocks||Bindlish A||A||July 2004|
|Behaviour of underground excavations in squeezing ground conditions||Dwivedi RD||A||2007|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Singh M, Samadhiya NK, Kumar A, Kumar V, Singh B (2015) A nonlinear criterion for triaxial strength of inherently anisotropic rocks, Rock Mech Rock Eng, DOI 10.1007/s00603-015-0708-z
- Dwivedi R.D., Singh M., Viladkar M.N., Goel R.K. (2014) Parametric Analysis of an Empirical Correlation Predicting Support pressure in Squeezing Ground, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, 20(2), 131-138.
- Dwivedi R.D., Singh M., Viladkar M.N. and Goel R.K. (2014) Estimation of support pressure during tunnelling through squeezing grounds, Engineering Geology, 168 (2014) 9–22.
- Shukla DK, Singh M, Jain KK (2014) Variation in bearing capacity of footing on slopping Anisotropic rock mass, International Journal of Research in Engineering & Technology (IMPACT: IJRET) ISSN(E): 2321-8843; ISSN(P): 2347-4599, Vol. 2, Issue 6, Jun 2014, 85-98.
- Srivastava LP and Singh M. (2014) Effect of fully grouted passive bolts on joint shear strength parameters in a blocky mass. Rock Mech Rock Eng, DOI 10.1007/s00603-014-0615-8.
- Srivastava LP, Singh M. (2014) Alteration in material properties of an intact rock due to drilling and bolting operations. Journal of Mininng, Volume 2014, Article ID 593401, 9 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/593401.
- Singh M., Lakshami V., Yudhbir, Srivastava L.P. (2014) Effect of pre-loading with tensile stress on laboratory UCS of a synthetic rock, Rock Mechanics Rock Engg. DOI: 10.1007/s00603-013-0537-x.
- Verma, H. K., Samadhiya, N. K., Singh, M. and Prasad, V. V. R., (2014). Investigation of Excavation Damage Zone in Himalayan Tunnel, Journal of Mines, Metals and Fuels, Vol. 62, No. 7, pp. 196 - 200.
- Verma, H.K., Samadhiya, N.K., Singh, M. and Prasad, V.V.R. (2014). Blast Induced Damage to Surrounding Rock Mass in an Underground Excavation, International Journal Geological Resources and Engineering (JGRE), USA, January, Vol. 2, No.1 (2014), pp. 13 - 19.
- Singh R.P., Singh M., Ojha C.S.P. (2013) An experimental study on consolidation of compacted clays, International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering,
- Dwivedi R.D., Singh M., Viladkar M.N., Goel R.K. (2013) Prediction of tunnel deformation in squeezing grounds, Engineering Geology, V-161, 18 July 2013, pp 55-64.
- Bindlish A., Singh M. and Samadhiya N.K. (2013) Modelling of bearing capacity of shallow foundations resting on jointed rock mass. Indian Geotechnical Journal September 2013, 43 (3), 251-266, DOI 10.1007/s40098-013-0065-3.
- Bindlish A., Singh M. and Samadhiya N.K. (2012) Ultimate bearing capacity of shallow foundations on jointed rock mass, Indian Geotechnical Journal. September 2012, 42 (3) pp 169-178.
- Dwivedi R.D., Goel R.K., Singh M., Viladkar M.N. (2012) State-of-the-art of tunnelling through squeezing ground conditions, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology. Vol 18, No.2, 79-96.
- Bindlish A, Singh M., Samadhiya N.K. (2012) An experimental study for ultimate bearing capacity of a foundation in anisotropic rock masses, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology. Vol 18, No.2, 117-140.
- Singh M. and Singh B. (2012) Modified Mohr–Coulomb criterion for non-linear triaxial and polyaxial strength of jointed rocks, Int J Rock Mech Mining Sci (2012), 43-52; April 2012, doi:10.1016/j.ijrmms.2011.12.007.
- Suhirid M, Ladjane K.B., Singh M., Sawant VA. (2011), Lateral Load Capacity of Rock Socketed Piers Using Finite Difference Approach, Journal of Civil Engineering Research, 1(1): 1-8; DOI: 10. 5923/j.jce.20110101.01.
- Verma H.K., Samadhiya N.K., Singh M., Prasad, V.V.R., and Goel, R.K. (2011). Quality Assurance in Construction Blasting, Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 37, Nos. 1-4, pp. 373-381.
- Singh M. Raj A. Singh B. (2011) Modified Mohr-Coulomb Criterion for Non-linear Triaxial and Polyaxial Strength of Intact Rocks, Int J Rock Mech Mining Sci, 48(4),546-555, (2011), doi:10.1016/j.ijrmms.2011.02.004.
- Singh M., Viladkar M.N., Choudhari J. and Rajaraman R. (2011) Stress Dependency of Rock Mass Modulus in Predicting Closure of Underground Openings, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology. Vol 17, No. 1, 25-38.
- Singh B., Shankar D. and Singh M. (2009) Control of Earthquakes by Lakes in Himalays and Vicinity, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology. Vol 15, No.1, January 2009, 55-68.
- Singh M. and Singh B. (2008) High Lateral Strain Ratio in Jointed Rock Masses, Engineering Geology, Vol. 98 (3-4) May 2008, pp 75-85.
- Singh M., Singh B. and Choudhari J. (2007) Critical Strain and Squeezing of Rock Mass in Tunnels, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 22(3), May 2007, 343-350, (IF:0.408)
- Singh M. and Singh B. (2007) Critical State Mechanics in Prediction of Polyaxial Strength of Intact Rocks, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology. Vol 13, January 2007, 3-13.
- Singh M. and Rao K.S. (2005) Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations in Anisotropic non Hoek-Brown Rock Masses, ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering , 131 (8), Aug. 2005, 1014-1023.
- Singh M. and Rao K.S. (2005) Physical and Constitutive Modelling to Simulate Jointed Rock Mass under Uniaxial Stress State, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, 11(2), July 2005, 111-131.
- Singh M. and Singh B. (2005) A Strength Criterion Based on Critical State Mechanics for Intact Rocks, Rock Mech & Rock Engg , 38 (3), July-Sept 2005, 243–248.
- Singh M., Singh B. and Shankar D. (2005) Critical State Mechanics in Non-Linear Failure Criterion for Rocks, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, 11(1), 13-24.
- Singh Mahendra and Rao K.S. (2005) Empirical Methods to Estimate the Strength of Jointed Rock Masses, Engineering Geology, 77( 1-2) , 127-137.
- Singh M., Rao K.S. and Ramamurthy T. (2004) Engineering Behaviour of Jointed Rock Mass, Indian Geotechnical Journal, 34(2), 164-198.
- Singh M., Singh B., Choudhari J. B. and Goel R. K. (2004) Constitutive Equations for 3-D Anisotropy in Jointed Rocks and its Effect on Tunnel Closure’, Int. Jl. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 41(3), 484-485.
- Singh M., Rao K.S., Ramamurthy T, (2002), Strength and Deformational Behaviour of Jointed Rock Mass, Rock Mech & Rock Engg., 35(1), 45-64.
- Singh M. (2000) Applicability of a Constitutive Model to Jointed Block Mass, Rock Mech & Rock Engg., 33 (2), 141-147.