Dr. Prasenjit Mondal
Mondal, Parsenjit Associate Professor pmondfch[at]iitr.ac.in +911332285181
Areas of Interest
- Energy and environmental engineering, wastewater treatment, environmental biotechnology, energy from wastes, separation processes
|2014||Tilltodate||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2009||2014||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2009||2009||Assistant Professor||MNNIT Allahabad|
|1999||2000||Plant Officer||Hind Lever Chemicals Ltd.|
|1997||1998||Shift In Charge||Jay Shree Chemicals and Fertilizers|
Honors and Awards
|ACS membership award||IIT Roorkee||2015|
|NTSE scholarship||Govt. of India|
|financial sponsorship from University of Tokyo, Japan to present paper in 7th (SEAWE-2009)||University of Tokio , Japan||2009|
|Ph. D.||Chemical||IIT Roorkee||2008|
|2012||2015||Dy. Chairman (Admin)||Community Dairy, IIT Roorkee|
Sponsored Research Projects
|‘Mini DME: A custom designed solution to bring stranded gas to the energy markets||India Australia strategic research fund (Network project)||2013|
|Development of low cost system for the treatment of arsenic and fluoride contaminated groundwater fo||Ministry of drinking water and sanitation, Govt. of India||2012|
|Production of hydrogen rich gas from Indian coal through catalytic steam gasification||MHRD, Govt. of India||2012|
|Studies on effectiveness of iodine and heat removal from PHWR primary containment during LOCA by s||NPCIL, Mumbai||2012|
- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineering,IICHE, Life member
- ACS, Awarded member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Mechanical Operations||CH-206||B.tech 2nd year,Chemical||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Removal of toxic organics from wastewater and energy production using EC and MFC||Ravi Shankar||A||2010|
|Separation of chiral molecules from racemic mixture through simulating moving bed||Ranvir Singh||O||2011|
|Synthesis of nano adsorbents and application in water treatment||Vineet Rathor||O||2012|
|Production of oil / H2 from biomass||Anil Kumar Verma||O||2012|
|Removal of toxic chemicals from water / Waste water using living organisms||Lokendra Singh||O||2012|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Technologies for clean and renewable energy production||AICTE||3/6/2013|
|5th Summer School On Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals||Indian Oil Institute of Petroleum Technology,Gurgaon||-|
|Advances in chemical and biotechnological processes for the utilization of natural resources towards||CSIR||19/10/2011|
|Refreshers Course On Petroleum Refining Technology||UGC||-|
|Petroleum Refining Technology||Fluor Danial, Gurgaon||8/9/2008|
P. Mondal. R.K. Baranwal, Cadmium removal from water using agrobased adsorbents,
Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH& Co. KG, Germany, 2012.
Refereed Journal Papers
- P. Mondal, C.B.Majumder, B. Mohanty, Laboratory based approaches for arsenic remediation from contaminated water: Recent developments, J. Hazard. Mater., B137(2006), 464-479, (3.925).
- P. Mondal, C.B.Majumder, B. Mohanty, Effects of adsorbent dose, its particle size and initial arsenic concentration on the removal of arsenic, iron and manganese from simulated ground water by Fe+3 impregnated activated carbon, J. Hazard. Mater. 150(3) (2008), 695-702, (3.925).
- P. Mondal, C.B.Majumder, B. Mohanty, A Laboratory study for the treatment of arsenic, iron, and manganese bearing ground water using Fe+3 impregnated activated carbon: Effects of shaking time, pH and temperature, J. Hazard. Mater.144(1-2) (2007), 420-426 , (3.925).
- P. Mondal , G.S. Dang, M.O. Garg, Syngas production through gasification and cleanup for downstream applications — Recent developments, Fuel Processing Technology, 92 (2011), 1395–1410, (2.816).
- P. Mondal, C.B.Majumder, B. Mohanty, Removal of trivalent arsenic (As(III)) from contaminated water by calcium chloride (CaCl2) impregnated rice husk carbon, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 46(8) (2007), 2550-2557, (2.206).
- P. Mondal, C. B. Majumder, B. Mohanty, Treatment of arsenic contaminated water in a batch reactor by using Ralstonia eutropha MTCC 2487 and granular activated carbon, J. Hazard. Mater. ,153 (2008), 588–599, (3.925).
- P. Mondal, C.B.Majumder, Treatment of resorcinol and phenol bearing waste water by simultaneous adsorption biodegradation (SAB): Optimization of process parameters, Int. J. Chem. Rector Eng., 5(S1) ( 2007), 1-15, (0.79).
- P. Mondal, B. Mohanty, N. Bhandari, C. B. Majumder, Removal of arsenic from simulated groundwater by GAC-Fe: A Modeling approach, AIChE Journal, 55 (2009), 1860-1871, (2.493).
- P. Mondal, C.B.Majumder, B. Mohanty, Quantitative separation of As(III) and As(V) from a synthetic water solution using ion exchange column in presence of Fe and Mn ions, Clean, Soil, Air, Water, 35(3) (2007), 255-260, (2.046).
- J. Kumar, C. B. Balomajumder, P. Mondal, Application of Agro-Based Biomasses for Zinc Removal from Wastewater – A Review. CLEAN – Soil, Air, Water, 39 (2011), 641–652, (2.046).
- P. Mondal, C.B.Majumder, B. Mohanty, Treatment of arsenic contaminated water in a laboratory scale up-flow bio-column reactor, J. Hazard. Mater. , 153 (2008), 136–145, (3.925).
- P. Mondal, C. B. Majumder, B. Mohanty, Growth of three bacteria in arsenic solution and their application for arsenic removal from wastewater J. Basic Microbiol. (2008), 48, 521–525, (1.198).
- P. Mondal, Mohanty, B., Majumder, C.B. , Treatment of arsenic contaminated groundwater using calcium impregnated granular activated carbon in batch reactor: Optimization of process parameters, Clean, Soil, Air, Water, 38(2010), 129-139, (2.046).
- B. Das, P. Mondal, S. Kumar, Pressurization studies in a sealed autoclave for thermal decomposition of nitrated TBP and TiAP, Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 288 (2011), 641-643, (1.467).
- P. Mondal, B. Mohanty, C. B. Majumder, Removal of arsenic from contaminated simulated groundwater by GAC-Cu: Optimization of Process parameters, Canadian J. Chem. Eng., 87 (2009),5, 766-778, (1.003).
- P. Mondal, B. Mohanty, C. B. Majumder, S. Saraswati, Modeling of the removal of arsenic species from simulated groundwater containing As, Fe and Mn: A neural network based approach, Clean, Soil, Air, Water, 40 (2012), 285–289, (2.046).
- S. Kumar, B. Das, P. Mondal, Thermophysical properties of 36% and 100% TiAP solvents at 298.15 K, Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 289 (2011), 267-273, (1.467).
- P. Mondal, B. Mohanty, C. B. Majumder, Treatment of Arsenic Contaminated Groundwater Using Calcium Impregnated Granular Activated Carbon in a Batch Reactor: Kinetics and equilibrium studies, Clean, Soil, Air, Water, 40 (2012), 506–514, (2.046).
- P. Mondal, B. Mohanty, C. B. Majumder, Removal of arsenic from simulated groundwater using GAC-Cu in batch reactor: Kinetics and equilibrium studies, Canadian J of Chemical engineering. 89 (2011), 921–93, (1.003).
- Dwivedi Naveen, Majumder C.B. Mondal P. and Dwivedi Shubha, Biological Treatment of Cyanide Containing Wastewater, Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, 1(7) (2011),15-21, (--).
- Biplab Das, Shekhar Kumar, P. Mondal, U. KamachiMudali, R. Natarajan, Synthesis and characterization of red-oil from tri iso-amyl phosphate/n-dodecane/nitric acid mixtures at elevated temperature, Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 292 (3) (2012), 1161-1171, (1.467).
- P. Mondal, N. Soni, Production of bio-oil from algal biomass and its up-gradation: Recent developments, GREEN-The international journal of sustainable energy conversion and storage, 2 (5-6) (2012), 217-232, (--).
- T K. Bhattacharya, P. Mondal, Synthesis of Riboflavin 5’ Phosphate Sodium (Vitamin B2 derivative), J. of Institution of Engineers (I), 84 (2004), 47-49, (--).
- P. Mondal, C. B. Majumder, Sedimentation of hematite water slurries, J. of Institution of Engineers (I), 85(2004), 20-23, (--).
- P. Mondal, C. B. Majumder, Relationship among the rate constants of sedimentation of hematite slurry in water, J. of Institution of Engineers (I), 85 (2004), 17-19, (--).
- S. D. V Sagar, D. P. Singh, P. Mondal, C. B. Majumder, B. Mohanty, Effluent Treatment by Simultaneous Bio-degradation and Adsorption Technique, IPPTA Journal, 16 (2004), 105-109, (--).
- B. Das, S. Kumar, P. Mondal, Experimental measurement and correlation of flash point of alternate PUREX/UREX solvent (36% TiAP) in C8–C16 diluents, Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 289 (2011), 503-505, (1.467).
- Bhattacharya, T. K. , Mondal, P., Improvement of water solubility of Vitamin B2 by phosphorylation, The Technology World, ISSN 2180-1614(Malaysia), (2010) , (--).
- P Mondal, Utilization of Indian coal through gasification: Prospects and limitations, In Renewable energy and sustainable development, Ed. R. Kataki and A. C. Borah, EBH Publishers India, (2012), 198-206.
- P. Mondal, J. Parikh, D.V. Naik. Sustainable Development: Pyrolysis and Gasification of Biomass and Wastes. In Encyclopedia of Environmental Management; Ed., S.E. Jorgensen, Taylor & Francis: New York, (2013), Vol. IV, 2509–2525, (--).
- P. Mondal, B. Mohanty, C. B. Majumder, Effect of pH and Treatment Time on the Removal of Arsenic Species from Simulated Groundwater by Using Fe3+ and Ca2+ Impregnated Granular Activated Charcoals, Chemical Engineering and Science. (2013) 1 (2), (--).
- Ravi Shankar, Lovjeet Singh, Prasenjit Mondal and Shri Chand, Removal of lignin from wastewater through electro-coagulation, World Journal of Environmental Engineering, (2013), Vol. 1, No. 2, 16-20, (--).
- Ravi Shankar, Lovjeet Singh, Prasenjit Mondal and Shri Chand, Removal of COD, TOC and colour from pulp and paper industry wastewater through electro-coagulation, Desalination and Water Treatment, DOI: 10.1080/19443994.2013.831782, (0.852).
- Biplab Das, P. Mondal, Shekhar Kumar, Evaluation of fire and explosion hazards in typical nuclear recycling plants, Journal of Chemical Health and Safety, Volume 20, Issue 5, (September–October 2013), 10–16, (--).
- Dwivedi Naveen1, Balomajumder Chandrajit and Mondal Prasenjit, Studies of Kinetic and Equilibrium isotherm models for the Sorption of Cyanide ion on to Almond shell, Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, Vol. 4(2), February (2014), 20-24, (--).
- Dwivedi Shubha, Mondal Prasenjit and Balomajumder Chandrajit, Removal of Fluoride using Citrus limettain batch Reactor: Kinetics and Equilibrium Studies, Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, Vol. 4(1), (January 2014),50-58, (--).
- N. K. Soni, A. K. Varma, P. Mondal, M. N. Srivastava, Production of Bio-oil from Native Algae of Solani Aqua duct Roorkee, GREEN-The international journal of sustainable energy conversion and storage, DOI: 10.1515/green-2013-0012, (--).
- Rahul Kumar Sahu, Ravi Shankar, Prasenjit Mondal, Shri Chand, Treatment potential of EC towards bio-digester effluent: Effects of process parameters, aeration and adsorbent, Desalination and Water Treatment, Accepted, (0.852).
- Ravi Shankar, Prasenjit Mondal and Shri Chand, Simultaneous generation of electricity and removal of organic load from synthetic wastewater in a membrane less Microbial Fuel Cell: Parametric evaluation, Environmental Progress and sustainable energy, Accepted, (0.865).
- Ravi Shankar, PrasenjitMondal and Shri Chand, Modelling and simulation of double chamber microbial fuel cell: Cell voltage, power density and temperature variation with process parameters, Green - The International Journal of Sustainable Energy Conversion and Storage., DOI: 10.1515/green-2012-0027, (--).
- Verlika Singh, Lokendra Singh Thakur, Prasenjit Mondal, Removal of Lead and Chromium from Synthetic Wastewater Using Vetiveria zizanioides, CLEAN – Soil, Air, Water, 10.1002/clen.201300578.