Anuj Sharma, PHD
Anuj Sharma, PHD Associate Professor anujsfcy[at]iitr.ac.in 01332-284751 Website
Areas of Interest
- organic synthesis, Multi Component Reactions, Micowave Assisted Organic Synthesis, homogeneous catalysis
- medicinal chemistry, rational drug design, NTD, virtual and high throughput synthesis
|2015||ongoing||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|May 2011||Nov 2015||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2007||2011||Research Associate/research Scientist||University of Arizona, USA|
|2007||2007||Post Doc Fellow||KU Leuven, Belgium|
|2006||2007||Post Doc Fellow||UFSM|
Honors and Awards
|NIH Post Doctoral Fellowship||University of Arizona, USA||2008-2011|
|Jan 2012||May 2014||Faculty advisor||Cultural council|
|Jan 2013||June 2014||Warden||IIT Roorkee|
|2014||2015||member, DAC||IIT R|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Use of Glyoxalic acids in MCR reactions||DST||2012|
|Synthesis of novel heterocycles using copper catalysed strategies||Science and Engineering Research Board||2015|
|Novel heterocyclic compounds as therapeutic hits||CSIR||2013|
|Synthesis of Anti-malarial compounds||SRIC||2012|
- Indian council of chemists, Life member
- American Chemical Society, Member
- Royal Chemical Society, member
- Indian Chemical Society, Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Adv Organic Chemistry||CY621(o)||MSC F||Autumn|
|Adv Analytical Chemistry||CY631(A)||MSC F||Autumn|
|Pharmaceutical Organic Synthesis||CYN-722||MTech||Spring|
|Organic Chemistry-II||CYN-203||Integrated IInd year||Autumn|
Research Scholar Groups
|Tanpreet kaur (Post Doc Student)||Isocyanide chemistry|
|Debsmita Saha||heterocyclic synthesis|
|Anuj Kumar||heterocyclic synthesis|
|Abdul Kadir Shaube (under International student exchange)||Synthesis, med chem|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Design and synthesis of prospective antimalarials by [4+1] multicomponent reaction||Manoj Kumar||A||2011|
|Design and synthesis of prospective chemotherapeutic agents||Debasmita Saha||O||2012|
|Synthesis of novel heterocycles through MCR sequences||Preeti Wadhwa||O||2013|
|Design and Synthesis of anti-cancer molecules||Anuj Kumar||O||2013|
|Design and synthesis of novel chemotherapeutic agents through MCR sequences||Saurav Bagchi||O||2013|
|Design and Synthesis of novel heterocycles through sustainable chemistry||Abdul Kadir Shaube (under International student exchange)||O||2015|
|Drug Discovery: opportunity at the bottom of the pyramid||Central University Garhwal||G||2015|
|Rational Drug Design: A Paradigm of New Hope in Drug Discovery||NIT Hamirpur||G||2014|
|Annual National Conference on Science: Emerging Scenarios and Future Challenges||Him Science Congress Association||G||2014|
|Rational Drug Design in quest for novel putative drug candidates against tropical diseases||FRI Shimla||G||2014|
Refereed Journal Papers
Some Recent Publications:
- A multilayer screening approach toward the discovery of novel Pf-DHFR inhibitors, Sourav Bagchi, Manoj Kumar and Anuj Sharma*, Computational biology and chemistry, 2016, accepted.
- Isocyanide Based [4+1] Cycloaddition Reactions: An Indispensable Tool in Multi-Component Reactions (MCRs), Tanpreet Kaur, Preeti Wadhwa, Sourav Bagchi, and Anuj Sharma*, Chem Comm, 2016, accepted.
- Novel Furochromenone based Dual Channel Sensors for Selective Detection of Cu2 + with Potential Applications in Sample Monitoring, Membrane Sensing and Photo–printing, Manoj Kumar, Lokesh Kumar Kumawat, Vinod Kumar Gupta and Anuj Sharma* Chemistry Select, 2016, 2, 277-284.
- A Rapid One-Pot Five Component Sequential Access to Novel Imidazo[2,1-b]thiazinyl- a-aminophosphonates, Tanpreet Kaur, Debasmita Saha, Neetu Singh, Udai Pratap Singh and Anuj Sharma*, Chemistry Select, 2016, 3, 434-439.
- p-TSA mediated three component MCR "On-water" protocol towards synthesis of novel thiadiazolo[2,3-b]quinazolin-6(7H)-ones, Preeti Wadhwa, Tanpreet Kaur, Neetu Singh, Udai Pratap Singh and Anuj Sharma*, Asian J. Org. Chem., 2016, 5, 120-126.
- A novel domino four component reaction: an eco-compatible access to diversified Imidazo[2,1-b][1,3]thiazin-5-ones, Tanpreet Kaur, Preeti Wadhwa, and Anuj Sharma*, Asian J. Org. Chem., 2016, 5, 91-97.
- A Rapid Access to Novel Thiazepinyl and Oxazepinyl Phosphonates through a Green Pudovik Reaction, Debasmita Saha, Tanpreet Kaur, Neetu Singh, Udai Pratap Singh and Anuj Sharma*, Asian J. Org. Chem., 2016, 5, 82-90.
- 3D-QSAR Selectivity Analysis of 1-Adamantyl-3-Heteroaryl Urea Analogs as Potent Inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Preeti Wadhwa, Sourav Bagchi, Anuj Sharma*, Curr. Comput. Aided Drug Des., 2015, 11, 164-183.
- Rational designing of first furoquinolinol based molecular systems for easy detection of Cu2+ with potential applications in the area of membrane sensing, Manoj Kumar, Lokesh Kumar Kumawat, Vinod Kumar Gupta and Anuj Sharma*, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 106030-106037.
- Combined 3D-QSAR and Molecular Docking Study for the Identification of Diverse Natural Products as Potent Pf ENR Inhibitors, Preeti Wadhwa, Debasmita Saha, and Anuj Sharma*, Curr. Comput. Aided Drug Des., 2015, 11, 245-257.
- First vinyl acetate mediated organocatalytic transesterification of Phenols: A step towards sustainability, Manoj Kumar, Sourav Bagchi and Anuj Sharma*, New J. Chem., 2015, 39, 8329 - 8336.
- Microwave assisted synthesis of benzenesulfonohydrazide and benzenesulfonamide cyclic imide hybrid molecules and their evaluation for anticancer activity, Anuj Kumar, Nikhil Kumar, Partha Roy, S. M. Sondhi and Anuj Sharma*, Med. Chem. Res., 2015, 24, 3760-3771.
- CoMFA/CoMSIA based 3D-QSAR studies of 1-adamantyl-3-heteroaryl urea analogs as potent inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Preeti Wadhwa, Sourav Bagchi and Anuj Sharma*, Curr. Comput. Aided Drug Des., 2015,11,164-83.
- Benzothiazepines: Chemistry of a privileged scaffold, Debasmita Saha, Garima Jain, Anuj Sharma*, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 70619.
- Arylsulfonylmethyl isocyanides: A Novel Paradigm in Organic Synthesis, T. Kaur, P. Wadhwa, A. Sharma*, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 52769.
- A First Catalyst and Solvent-Free Synthesis of 2-Arylimidazo[2,1-b][1,3,4]thiadiazoles: A Comparative Assessment of Greenness, P. Wadhwa, T. Kaur, A. Sharma*, RSC Adv., 2015, 05, 44353.
- 2-(Alkylamino)-3-aryl-6,7-dihy drobenzofuran-4( 5H)-ones : Improved Synthesis and their Photophysical Properties, M. Kumar, L. K. Kumawat, V. K. Gupta and A. Sharma*, Chem. Open, 2015, 4, 626.
- Vinyl esters as effective acetaldehyde surrogates in [4 + 1] cycloaddition based multicomponent cascade, M. Kumar, S. Bagchi and A. Sharma*, RSC Adv., 2015, 05, 53592.
- A sequential synthetic strategy towards unexplored dibenzo[b,f][1,4]thiazepine carboxamides: copper catalysed C-S cyclisation followed by Ugi type 3CC Cascade, Debasmita Saha, Preeti Wadhwa and Anuj Sharma*, RSC Adv., 2015, 05, 33067.
- Silica supported glyoxylic acid: a traceless, green approach to Groebke-Blackburn-Bienymé reaction, Pritam Surkar, Tanpreet Kaur and Anuj Sharma*, Synlett, 2015, 26, 1403.
- Synthesis of acridine cyclic imide hybrid molecules and their evaluation for anticancer activity, Anuj Kumar, Nikhil Kumar, Partha Roy, S. M. Sondhi and Anuj Sharma*, Med. Chem. Res., 2015, 24, 3272.
- A green, catalyst-free, solvent-free, high yielding one step synthesis of functionalized benzo[f]furo[3,2-c]chromen-4-(5H)-ones and furo[3,2-c]quinolin-4-(5H)-ones, Manoj Kumar, Tanpreet Kaur, Vinod Kumar Gupta and Anuj Sharma*, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 17087.
- Debasmita Saha and Anuj Sharma*, Med. Chem. Res., 2015, 24, 316–333.
- In-silico investigation of medicinal spectrum of imidazo-azines from the perspective of multi-target screening against Malaria, Tuberculosis and Chagas disease, Manoj Kumar, Barnita Makhal, Vinod K. Gupta and Anuj Sharma*, J. Mol. Info.Mod., 2014, 50:1-9.
- In-silico docking studies of bioactive natural plant products as putative DHFR antagonists, Manoj Kumar, Anuradha, Vinod K. Gupta and Anuj Sharma*, Med. Chem. Res., 2014, 23:810–817.