- Synthesis and Studies on Porphyrinoids, Coordination Chemistry, Supramolecular Assemblies, Catalysis, Photophysical & Photovoltaics Studies
|2015||till date||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2011||2015||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2009||2011||JSPS Fellow||Univ. of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan|
|2008||2009||CNRS Postdoctoral Fellow||Univ. of Rennes1, Rennes, France|
|2007||2008||Postdoctoral Fellow||Univ. of Bourgogne, Dijon, France|
|2005||2007||Research Associate||Tel-Aviv Univ., Tel-Aviv, Israel|
|BASE Fellowship||DST and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)||2018|
|Outstanding Young Faculty Award with Institute Research Fellowship (IRF)||IIT Roorkee||2018|
|MRSC||Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK||2017|
|JSPS Fellowship||Ministry of Education, Japan||2009|
|CNRS Fellowship||Ministry of Research, France||2008|
|EDIGE Fellowship||Bourgogne Regional Council, France||2007|
|CSIR-NET and GATE||Government of India||2001|
|Merit Scholarship||Government of Tamil Nadu, India||1993|
|PhD||Bioinorganic Chemistry||Indian Institute of Technology Madras||2005|
|M. Sc||Chemistry||Madurai Kamaraj University||2001|
|B. Sc||Chemistry||University of Madras||1999|
|2014||till date||Coordinator, NMR Lab||IIT Roorkee|
|2014||till date||Member||Departmental Academic Programme Committe (DAPC)|
|2014||till date||In-charge||Electrochemical Workstation|
|2017||till date||Member||SRIC Committee|
|2018||till date||Warden||Jawahar Bhawan|
|2018||till date||Member||Matching Grant Committee|
|Synthesis of Novel beta-Functionalized Porphyrins for DSSC, NLO and Sensing Applications||Science and Engineering Research Board||2017|
|Synthesis of Novel Porphyrins for DSSC Applications||Science and Engineering Research Board||2013|
|Porphyrin-based Novel Donor-pi-Linker-Acceptor Systems for DSSC Applications||Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences||2013|
|Porphyrin-Fullerene Supramolecular Assemblies for Photovoltaic Applications||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research||2012|
|Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences - 2019 (ETCS-2019)||Central University of Jammu (CUJ), Jammu||SERB, CSIR, INSA and J&KSTIC||14.03.2019|
|International Conference on Chemical Sciences and Nanometerials - 2019 (ICCSN-2019)||VIT University, Vellore||VIT University||07.03.2019|
|10th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-10)||Munich, Germany||SPP, World Scientific, Rosewell Cancer Park, PorphyChem and Sessler Trust||01.07.2018|
|233rd Electrochemical Society (ECS) Meeting||Seattle, WA, USA||ECS, Pine, BAS and Others||13.05.2018|
|5th Symposium on Bioinorganic Chemistry (SABIC-5)||Kolkata, India||SERB, ACS and RSC||07-01-2017|
|9th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-9), China||Nanjing||SPP, WSPC||2016-07-03|
|Frontiers in Inorganic Chemistry and Organometallics||IIT Indore||IIT Indore||2016-04-14|
|6th EUCheMS Conference on Nitrogen Ligands||Beaune, France||CNRS, SPP, PorphyChem, ICMUB etc.||2015-09-13|
|227th Electrochemical Society Meeting||Chicago, USA||Pine, BAS and other Electrochemical Instruments Company||2015-05-25|
|16th Symposium on Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XVI)||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||Bruker and Quantachrome||2015-12-3|
|8th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-8)||Istanbul, Turkey||Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines||2014-6-22|
|7th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-7)||Jeju, South Korea||Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines||2012-7-1|
|221st Electrochemical Society (ECS) Meeting||Settle, Washington, USA||The Society for Solid-state and Electrochemical Science and Technology||2012-5-9|
|Young Scientist Research Awardees' (YSRA) Meet||BARC, Mumbai||BRNS||2012-11-26|
|Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XIV)||School of Chemistry, Univ. of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||Univ. of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||2011-12-10|
|7th Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI)-Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Joint Symposium||BHU, Varanasi||CRSI and RSC||2013-1-31|
|3rd Asian Coordination Chemistry Conference (ACCC-3)||India Habitat Centre, New Delhi||IIT Kanpur & IIT Delhi||2011-10-17|
- American Chemical Society (ACS), Member
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), Member
- Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI), Life Member
- Electrochemical Society (ECS), Member
- Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (SPP), Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Adavanced Analytical Chemistry-I||CYN-621A||MSc and PhD||Autumn|
|Supramolecular Chemistry||CYN-681||MSc and PhD||Autumn|
|Supramolecular Chemistry of Nanomaterials||NTN-603||MTech and PhD||Autumn|
|Organometallic Chemistry||CYN-502||M Sc||Spring|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Metalloporphyrins for Catalysis||Richa Yadav|
|Synthesis of Novel Porphyrins via Pd Catalyzed Coupling Reactions for Material Applications||Amit Kumar|
|Synthesis and Studies on Electron-deficient Corroles||Rupa Mukherjee|
|Synthesis of Novel A3B Porphyrins for Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC) Applications||Amit Kumar|
|Synthesis and Studies on Various Cyanoporphyrin Derivatives||Bhupinder|
|Synthesis and Characterization of Y1-xGdxMnO3 (X = 0, 0.05) Thin Films||Amit Singh Rajput|
|Synthesis and Studies on Boronic Esters Appended Porphyrins||Anagh Mukherjee|
|Synthesis and Studies on Beta-Substituted Porphyrins||Mohina Gidwani|
|Porphyrins Nanostructures for Material and Biomedical Applications||Bijjam Madhusudhan|
|Detection of Toxic Ions by Electron Deficient Metalloporphyrinoids||Amit Saxena|
|Syntheses and Studies of Asymmetrically Substituted Porphyrins Through Michael Addition Reactions||Kumari Anshul|
|Synthesis, Spectral and Electrochemical Studies of Functionalized Corroles||Simran Preet|
|Synthesis and Applications of beta-Functionalized Porphyrinoids and Porphyrin Appended CNTs||Upasana Sah|
|Synthesis of beta-Functionalized “Push-Pull” Zn(II) Porphyrins for DSSC Applications||Shweta Manchanda|
|Synthesis of Beta-Functionalized Metalloporphyrins and Their Applications||Gaurav|
|Synthesis of Beta-Functionalized Metalloporphyrins and Their Applications||Gaurav|
|Synthesis of Pi-Extended Porphyrins and Their Properties||Mandeep|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Synthesis and Applications of Beta- and Meso-Substituted Porphyrins||Ravi Kumar||A||2012|
|Synthesis and Applications of Functionalized Corroles and Porphyrins||Pinky Yadav||A||2012|
|Push-Pull Porphyrinoids: Synthesis, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties||Nitika Grover||A||2012|
|Design of Porphyrinoids and 1,8-Naphthyridine Hosts for Fluoride, Cyanide and Picric Acid Sensing||Mandeep K. Chahal||A||2013|
|Functionalized Porphyrins and Their Application in DSSC, Electrocatalysis and Anion Sensing||Kamal Prakash||A||2012|
|Functionalized Chlorins and Porphyrins: Synthesis, Spectral and Redox Properties||Nivedita Chaudhri||A||2013|
|Diverse Functionalized Porphyrins for Catalytic, EET and Sensor Applications||Tawseef A. Dar||A||2013|
|Porphyrin-Fullerene Host-Guest Complexes||Pinki Rathi||O||2014|
|Beta-Functionalized Porphyrinoids for Materials and Medicinal Applications||Sandeep Kumar||O||2017|
|Beta-Functionalized Corroles and Porphyrins for Material Applications||Inderpal||O||2018|
|Beta-Functionalized Chlorins for Sensor and PDT Applications||Renu Kumari Rohal||O||2018|
|Asymmetric Porphyrins for NLO Applications||Chitranjan Bharati||O||2018|
|Fused Porphyrinoids for Optoelectronic Applications||Amir Sohel||O||2018|
|Synthesis and Applications of Octaphenylporphyrins (OPPs)||Soni Kumari||O||2018|
|Porphyrin-CNT Conjugates for Material Applications||Mohd Tasleem||O||2018|
|Functionalized Porphyrinoids for Solar Cell Applications||Nivedita Rana||O||2019|
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan||Research Collaboration||7.7.12|
|University of North Texas, TX, USA||Research Collaboration||08.05.2018|
|University of Houston, TX, USA||Research Collaboration||03.06.18|
|Beta-Functionalized Porphyrins, Chlorins and Corroles: Syntheses and Their Applications in Sensing, Catalysis and DSSCs||Central University of Jammu, Jammu||I||2019|
|Synthesis and Applications of Meso- and Beta-Functionalized Porphyrinoids||VIT University, Vellore||I||2019|
|Synthesis, Spectral and Electrochemical Properties of Highly Reducible pi-Extended Copper Corroles||Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines||I||2018|
|Synthesis, Structural, Spectral and Intriguing Electrochemical Redox Properties of Difused-Chlorins and Porphyrins||Electrochemical Society, USA||I||2018|
|DSSC and Electrocatalytic Applications of Functionalized Porphyrins||Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry||I||2017|
|Naked-eye Detection of Toxic Anions using Porphyrinoid Chemosensors and their Reusability Studies||ICPP-9, Nanjing, China||I||2016|
|Synthesis and Applications of Asymmetric Beta- and Meso-Substituted Porphyrins||IIT Indore, India||I||2016|
|Ratiometric and Colorimetric ‘Naked-eye’ Selective Detection of Cyanide ions by Porphyrinic Chemosensors and their Reversibility Studies||Institut de Chimie Moléculaire de l'Université de Bourgogne, France||I||2015|
|Asymmetric Beta-Substitution: An Inventive Path to Modulate Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties||Jadavpur Univ., Kolkata||I||2015|
|Asymmetrically Beta-Substituted Porphyrins: Synthesis, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties||Electrochemical Society (ECS), Chicago, USA||I||2015|
|Synthesis and Studies on Beta-Substituted Novel Push-Pull Porphyrins||ICPP-8, Istanbul, Turkey||I||2014|
|Supramolecular Assemblies Composed of Saddle-Distorted Porphyrins having Peripheral Carboxyl Groups||ICPP-7, Jeju Island, South Korea||I||2012|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Worked as Treasurer for Intl. Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy, Environment & Health||SERB, BRNS, DRDO and INSA||2016-03-04|
|Worked as Secretary for the 15th Symposium On Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XV)||SERB, CSIR, BRNS and INSA||13/12/15|
|Synthesis and Applications of Functionalized Porphyrins||NIT Kurukshetra||25.03.2017|
|The Role of Porphyrinoids in Nanomedicine||QIP Centre, IIT Roorkee||7.6.2012|
|Prof. Karl M. Kadish||Department of Chemistry, University of Houston, Texas, USA||RP|
|Dr. K. Krishnamoorthy||CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India||RP|
|Prof. S. V. Rao,||ARCHEM, University of Hyderabad||RP|
|Prof. V. Ganesan||Banaras Hindu University (BHU)||RP|
1. T. A. Dar, B. Uprety, M. Sankar* and M. R. Maurya*, “Robust and Electron Deficient Oxidovanadium(IV) Porphyrin Catalyst for Selective Epoxidation and Oxidative Bromination Reactions in Aqueous Media, Green Chem., 2019, 21, DOI: 10.1039/C8GC03909G.
2. N. Grover, N. Chaudhri and M. Sankar*, “β-Functionalized Dibenzoporphyrins with Mixed Substitutents Pattern: Facile Synthesis, Structural, Spectral and Electrochemical Redox Properties” Inorg. Chem. 2019, 58, 2514–2522.
3. K. Prakash, M. Sankar*, S. Seetharaman, and F. D’Souza* “Synthesis, Electrochemical and Photochemical Studies on π-Extended Mono-β-Functionalized Porphyrin Dyads” ChemPhotoChem. 2019, 3, 1-16.
4. N. Grover, N. Chaudhri and M. Sankar* “β-Substituted Donor-Acceptor Porphyrins: Synthesis, Energy Transfer and Electrochemical Redox Properties” Dyes Pigm. 2019, 161, 104-112.
5. K. Prakash, V. Sudhakar, K. Krishnamoorthy* and M. Sankar*, “Trans-A2B2 Zn(II) Porphyrin Dyes with Various Donor Groups and their Co-sensitization for Highly Efficient Dye Sensitized Solar Cells” Dyes Pigm. 2019, 160, 386-394.
6. N. Chaudhri, L. Cong, N. Grover, W. Shan, K. Ansul, M. Sankar* and K. M. Kadish*, “Synthesis and Electrochemical Characterization of Acetylacetone (acac) and Ethyl Acetate (EA) Appended β-Trisubstituted Push-Pull Porphyrins: Formation of Electronically Communicating Porphyrin Dimers” Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 13213-13224.
7. R. Kumar, V. Sudhakar, K. Prakash, K. Krishnamoorthy* and M. Sankar*, “Tuning the Photovoltaic Performance of DSSCs by Appending Various Donor Groups on Trans-Dimesityl Porphyrin Backbone” ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2018, 1, 2793-2801 (One of the Most Read articles during May-July 2018).
8. N. Chaudhri, N. Grover and M. Sankar*, “Nickel Induced Skeletal Rearrangement of Free Base trans-Chlorins into Monofused NiII-Porphyrins: Synthesis, Structural, Spectral and Electrochemical Redox Properties” Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 13213-13224.
9. N. Chaudhri, N. Grover and M. Sankar*, “Selective Conversion of Planar trans-Chlorins into Highly Twisted Doubly Fused-Porphyrins or -Chlorins via Oxidative Fusion” Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 6658-6668.
10. X. Ke, R. Kumar, M. Sankar* and K. M. Kadish*, "Electrochemistry and Spectroelectro chemistry of Cobalt Porphyrins with π-Extending and/or Highly Electron-Withdrawing Pyrrole Substituents. In Situ Electrogeneration of σ-Bonded Complexes" Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 1490-1503.
11. Upasana Sah, Kajal Sharma, Nivedita Chaudhri, M. Sankar* and P. Gopinath*, "Antimicrobial Photodynamic Therapy: Single-walled Carbon Nanotube (SWCNT)-Porphyrin Conjugate for Visible Light Mediated Inactivation of Staphylococcus aureus" Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2018, 162, 108-117.
12. N. Chaudhri, N. Grover and M. Sankar*, "Versatile Synthetic Route for β-Functionalized Chlorins and Porphyrins by varying the size of Michael Donors: Syntheses, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties" Inorg. Chem. 2017, 56, 11532-11542 (Highlighted as HOT paper).
13. X. Ke, P. Yadav, L. Cong, R. Kumar, M. Sankar* and K. M. Kadish*, "Facile and Reversible Electrogeneration of Porphyrin Trianions and Tetraanions in Nonaqueous Media from Electron Deficient β-Substituted Porphyrins" Inorg. Chem. 2017, 56, 8527-8537.
14. M. K. Chahal and M. Sankar*, "β-Dicyanovinyl Substituted Porphyrinogen: Synthesis, Reversible Sensor for Picric acid among Explosives and Unique Sensor for Cyanide and Fluoride ions by Switching between various Porphyrinoid states" Dalton Trans. 2017, 46, 11669-11678.
15. P. Rathi, M. K. Chahal and M. Sankar*, "Highly Electron Deficient Tetrabenzoquinone Appended Ni(II) and Cu(II) Porphyrins: Spectral, Solvatochromism, Electrochemical Redox and Tuneable F‒ and CN‒ Sensing Properties" New J. Chem. 2017, 41, 11962-11968.
16. P. Yadav, M. Sankar*, Xiangyi Ke, Lei Cong and K. M. Kadish*, "Synthesis of π-Extended PhenylethynylCorroles and Their Intriguing Electrochemical Redox Properties" Dalton Trans. 2017, 46, 10014-10022.
17. P. Sonkar, K. Prakash, M. Yadav, V. Ganesan, M. Sankar, R. Gupta and D. K. Yadav, "Co(II)-Porphyrins Decorated Carbon Nanotubes as Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction Reactions: An Approach for Fuel Cell Improvement" J. Mater. Chem. A 2017, 5, 6263-6276 (This work was selected for ‘J. Mater. Chem. B Best Poster Award’ sponsored by RSC, Cambridge, UK in the International Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy, Environment and Health (ICAM-2016) held at IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, India during March 4-7, 2016).
18. P. Yadav, R. Kumar, A. Kumar and M. Sankar*, "Mixed Tri β-Substituted Push-Pull Porphyrins: Synthesis, Photophysical, Electrochemical and Theoretical studies" Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2017, 3269-3274.
19. K. Prakash, S. Manchanda, V. Sudhakar, N. Sharma, M. Sankar* and K. Krishnamoorthy*, "Facile Synthesis of β-Functionalized ‘Push-Pull’ Zn(II) Porphyrin for DSSC Applications" Dyes and Pigments 2017, 147, 56-66.
20. P. Yadav, M. S. S. Bharathi, S. Bhattacharya, M. Sankar* and S. V. Rao*, "Synthesis and Femtosecond Third Order Nonlinear Optical Properties of Push-Pull Trans-A2B-Corroles" Dyes and Pigments 2017, 143, 324-330.
21. P. Yadav and M. Sankar*, "Spectroscopic and Theoretical Studies of Anionic Corroles Derived from Phosphoryl and Carbomethoxyphenyl Substituted Corroles" Chem. Phys. Lett. 2017, 667, 107-113.
22. T. A. Dar and M. Sankar*, "Facile Synthesis of Nitrovanillin Appended Porphyrin and Its Utilization as Potent, Recyclable, Naked-Eye CN− and F− Ion Sensor”, Chemistry Select 2017, 2, 6778-6783.
23. N. Chaudhri, N. Sawhney, B. Madhusudhan, A. Raghav, M. Sankar* and S. Satapati*, "Effect of Functional Groups on Sensitization of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells using Free Base Porphyrins" J. Porphyrins Phthalocyanines 2017, 21, 222-230.
24. Pinky Yadav, Pinki Rathi and M. Sankar*, "Facile Generation of A2B Corrole Radical and its Spectroscopic Properties" ACS Omega 2017, 2, 959-965.
25. M. K. Chahal, M. Sankar* and R. J. Butcher "An Insight into Communication between β-olefin/phenyl olefin-mediated Acceptors and Porphyrin π-system: Way to establish Porphyrin based Chemodosimeters and Chemosensors" Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2017, 19, 4530-4540.
26. Nitika Grover,# Nivedita Chaudhri# and M. Sankar*, "Facile Conversion of Ni(II) Cyclopropylchlorins into Novel β-Substituted Porphyrins through Acid-Catalyzed Ring-Opening Reaction" Inorg. Chem. 2017, 56, 424-437. #These authors contributed equally to this work.
27. Pinky Yadav and M. Sankar*, "Facile Synthesis, Photophysical and Elelectrochemical Redox Properties od Octa- and tetracarboxamidophenylporphyrins and the First Example of Amido-Imidol Tautomerism in Porphyrins" Dyes and Pigments 2017,139, 651-657.
28. Kamal Prakash and M. Sankar*, "Borylated Porphyrin and its Metal Complexes: Synthesis, Elelcrochemistry and Deprotection-Protection Strategy for Anion Sensing" Sensor and Actuators: B Chemical 2017, 240, 709-717.
29. Mandeep K. Chahal and M. Sankar*, "Switching between Porphyrin, Porphodimethene and Porphyrinogen using Cyanide and Fluoride ions mimicking Volatile Molecular Memory and 'NOR' Logic Gate" Dalton Trans. 2016, 45, 16404-16412.
30. Nitika Grover, M. Sankar*, Y. Song and K. M. Kadish*, "Asymmetrically Crowded "Push-Pull" Octaphenylporphyrins with Modulated Frontier Ortibtals: Syntheses, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties" Inorg. Chem. 2016, 55, 584-597 (Highlighted as HOT PAPER and adjudged as one of the most accessed articles during Jan 2016).
31. Ravi Kumar, M. Sankar*, V. Sudhakar and K. Krishnamoorthy*, "Synthesis and Characterization of Simple Cost-Effective Trans-A2BC Porphyrins with Various Donor Groups for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells" New J. Chem. 2016, 40, 5704-5713 (Invited article for the themed issue on Nitrogen Ligands).
32. R. Kumar, A. Saxena and M. Sankar*, "Mixed β-Bromo/Cyano Tetrasubstituted-meso-Tetraphenylporphyrin Cu(II) Complexes: Synthesis and Electrochemical studies" J. Porphyrins Phthalocyanines 2016, 20, 1420-1425.
33. T. A. Dar, M. K. Chahal, R. A. Kumar and M. Sankar*, "Synthesis, Electrochemical and Compexation Studies of Zn(II) Aryloxyporphyrins with Fullerene C60" J. Porphyrins Phthalocyanines, 2016, 20, 744-751.
34. Mandeep K. Chahal and M. Sankar*, "Porphyrin Chemodosimeters: Synthesis, Electrochemical Redox Properties and Selective 'Naked-eye' Detection of Cyanide Ions' RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 99028-36.
35. Mandeep K. Chahal and M. Sankar*, "1,8-Naphthyridine-based Fluorescent Receptor for Picric Acid Detection in Aqueous Media" Anal. Methods, 2015, 10272-10279.
36. Ravi Kumar, N. Chaudhary, M. Sankar* and M. R. Maurya*, "Electron Deficient Nonplanar β-Octachlorovanadyl porphyrin as Highly Efficient and Selective Epoxidation Catalyst for Olefins" Dalton Trans. 2015, 54, 17720-17729.
37. R. Kumar, P. Yadav, P. Rathi and M. Sankar*, 'Photophysical, electrochemical redox, solvatochromism and anion sensing properties of β-tetra- and -octaphenylethynyl substituted meso-tetraphenylporphyrins' RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 82237-82246.
38. Kamal Prakash, Ravi Kumar and M. Sankar*, "Mono- and Tri-β-Substituted Unsymmetrical Porphyrins: Synthesis, Structural, Spectral, and Electrochemical Properties" RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 66824-66832.
39. Nivedita Chaudhri, Nitika Grover and M. Sankar*, "Asymmetrically β-Substituted Porphyrins and Chlorins: Synthesis, Spectroscopic and Electrochemical Redox Properties" ECS Transactions 2015, 66, 11-20 (Invited Article).
40. Ravi Kumar, Nivedita Chaudhri and M. Sankar*, 'Colorimetric and ratiometric "naked eye" selective detection of CN- ions by electron deficient Ni(II) porphyrins and their reversibility studies' Dalton Trans. 2015, 44, 9149-9157 (One of the "Most accessed articles" during April 2015).
41. Mandeep K. Chahal and M.Sankar*, "1,8-Naphthyridinic fluorescent ‘turn-on’and ‘turn-off’chemosensors for detecting of F- and Hg2+ ions mimicking INHIBIT molecular logic behaviour" Anal. Methods, 2015, 7, 4552-4559 (One of the "Most accessed articles" during May 2015).
42. Nitika Grover, Pinki Rathi and M. Sankar*, "Spectral Investigations of Meso-tetraalkylporphyrin-fullerene host-guest complexes" J. Porphyrins Phthalocyanines, 2015,19, 997-1006 (Selected for cover page illustration).
43. Ravi Kumar, Pinky Yadav, Amit Kumar and M. Sankar*, "Facile synthesis and electrochemical studies of diethoxy phosphorylphenyl substituted porphyrin and its metal complexes" Chem. Lett. 2015, 44, 914-916.
44. Nivedita Chaudhri and M. Sankar*, "Colorimetric "Naked eye" detection of CN-, F-, CH3COO- and H2PO4- ions by highly nonplanar electron deficient perhaloporphyrins" RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 3269-3275.
45. Ravi Kumar and M. Sankar*, "Synthesis, spectral, and electrochemical studies of electronically tunable β-substituted porphyrins with mixed substituent pattern" Inorg. Chem. 2014, 53, 12706-12719.
46. Pinky Yadav and M. Sankar*, "Synthesis, spectroscopic and electrochemical studies of phosphoryl and carbomethoxy substituted corroles and their anion detection properties" Dalton Trans. 2014, 43, 14680-14688 (One of the "Most accessed articles" duing Aug 2014).
47. J. Michalak, K. P. Birin, M. Sankar, E. Ranyuk,Y. Yu. Enakieva, Y. G. Gorbunova, C. Sterna, A. Lemeune and R. Guilard, "Synthesis of porphyrin-bis(polyazamacrocycle) triads via Suzuki coupling reaction" J. Porphyrins Phthalocyanines, 2014, 18, 35-48.
48. O. Mongin, M. Sankar, M. Charlot, Y. Mir and M. Blanchard-Desce, "Strong enhancement of two-photon absorption properties in synergic ‘semi-disconnected’ multiporphyrin assemblies designed for combined imaging and photodynamic therapy" Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 6474-6478.
49. T. Ishizuka, M. Sankar and T. Kojima, "Control of the spatial arrangements of supramolecular networks based on saddle-distorted porphyrins by intermolecular hydrogen bonding" Dalton Trans. 2013, 42, 16073-16079.
50. T. Ishizuka, M. Sankar, Y. Yamada, S. Fukuzumi and T. Kojima, "Porphyrin Nanochannels reinforced by hydrogen bonding" Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 6481-6483 (Selected for cover page illustration).
51. M. Sankar, T. Ishizuka, Z. Wang, T. Ma, M. Shiro and T. Kojima, "Synthesis, Structure and Physicochemical Properties of a Saddle-Distorted Porphyrin with a Peripheral Carboxyl Group" J. Porphyrins Phthalocyanines, 2011, 15, 421-432 (Invited Article).
Oral presentation at the International and National Conferences (2012 - till date):
1. M. Sankar, 'β-Functionalized Porphyrins, Chlorins and Corroles: Syntheses and Their Applications in Sensing, Catalysis and DSSCs' an invited talk presented at the Conference on Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences - 2019 (ETCS-2019) held at University of Jammu, Jammu, India organized by Central University of Jammu during March 14-15, 2019.
2. M. Sankar, 'Synthesis and Applications of Meso- and β-Functionalized Porphyrinoids' an invited talk presented at the International Conference on Chemical Sciences and Nanometerials - 2019 (ICCSN-2019) held at VIT University, Vellore, India during March 7-9, 2019.
3. P. Yadav, M. Sankar*, X. Ke, L. Cong and K. M. Kadish* 'Synthesis, Spectral and Electrochemical Properties of Highly Reducible π-Extended Copper Corroles' oral presentation at the 10th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-10) held at Munich, Germany during July 1-6, 2018.
4. N. Grover, N. Chaudhri and M. Sankar* 'Synthesis, Structural, Spectral and Intriguing Electrochemical Redox Properties of Difused-Chlorins and Porphyrins' oral presentation at the 233rd Electrochemical Society (ECS) meeting held at Seattle, USA during May 13-17, 2018.
5. K. Prakash, R. Kumar and M. Sankar* 'DSSC and Electrocatalytic Applications of β- and Meso-Functionalized Porphyrins' invited oral presentation at the 5th Symposium on Biological Inorganic Chemistry (SABIC-5) held at Kolkata, India during January 7-11, 2017.
6. M. Sankar* 'Naked-eye Detection of Toxic Anions and Picric Acid using Porphyrinoid Chemosensors and their Reusability Studies' invited lecture at the 6th National Symposium on Advances in Chemical Sciences held at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar during March 6-7, 2017.
7. M. K. Chahal, N. Chaudhri, K. Prakash, R. Kumar, N. Grover, P. Yadav and M. Sankar* 'Naked-eye Detection of Toxic Anions using Porphyrinoid Chemosensors and their Reusability Studies' invited oral presentation at the 9th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-9) held at Nanjing, China during July 3-8, 2016.
8. R. Kumar, N. Chaudhri, M. Chahal and M. Sankar*, 'Ratiometric and Colorimetric ‘Naked-eye’ Selective Detection of CN‒ ions by Porphyrinic Chemosensors and their Reversibility Studies' oral presentation at 6th EuCheMS Conference on Nitrogen Ligands, September 13-17, 2015 at Beaune, France.
9. M. Sankar*, 'Asymmetric β-Substitution: An Inventive Path to Modulate Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties'. Invited Talk delivered at 16th Symposium on Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XVI) held at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India during December 3-5, 2015.
10. N. Grover, N. Chaudhri, R. Kumar, M. K. Chahal and M. Sankar* 'Synthesis and Applications of Asymmetric β- and Meso-Substituted Porphyrins' an invited talk delivered at Frontiers in Inorganic and Organometallics held at IIT Indore, Simrol, India during April 14-15, 2016.
11. R. Kumar, N. Chaudhri, M. Chahal and M. Sankar*, 'Ratiometric and Colorimetric ‘Naked-eye’ Selective Detection of CN‒ ions by Porphyrinic Chemosensors and their Reversibility Studies' oral presentation at 6th EuCheMS Conference on Nitrogen Ligands, September 13-17, 2015 at Beaune, France.
12. R. Kumar, N. Grover, N. Chaudhri, K. Praksh and M. Sankar* 'Asymmetrically β-Substituted Porphyrins: Synthesis, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties' oral presentation at the 227th Electrochemical Society (ECS) meeting held at Chicago, USA during May 25-28, 2015.
13. R. Kumar, N. Grover and M. Sankar* 'Synthesis and Studies on β-Substituted Novel Push-Pull Porphyrins' oral presentation at the 8th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-8) held at Istanbul, Turkey during June 22-27, 2014.