- Engineering Geology and Rock Mechanics, Landslide analysis and slope stability, design of retaining walls, Disaster Management
- Water resources, Site selection & stability studies of dams, tunnels, reservoir rim stability & small hydel projects
- Geo-environmental studies, Route location in hilly terrain, cut slope evaluation and control measures
|1977||1988||Geologist Junior||Geological Society of India|
|Best Paper entitled 'Landslide hazard zonation & mapping of Tehri-Pratap Nagar area"||Indian Society of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology||1995|
|Best Paper entitled `Landslide hazard evaluation and geostatistical studies in Garhwal Himalaya’||Indian Society of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology||2000|
|Best Paper entitled 'Stability analysis of some hill slopes for Tehri dam reservoir area’||Indian Society of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology||2001|
|M. Tech.||Applied Geology||University of Roorkee||1976|
|Ph.D.||Engineering Geology||Kumaun University||1986|
|1977||1988||Geologist Junior||Geological Survey of India|
|Land hazard evaluation & zonation mapping in K. Himalaya for env. regeneration and land use planning||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||1992|
|Landslide hazard evaluation by microzonation ............. in Sukhidang area, Kumaun Himalaya||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||1993|
|in Sukhidang area, Kumaun Himalaya ....................in Mohund-Dehradun area, Uttranchal||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||2002|
|Detailed evaluation of Narayanbagar landslide, in Chamoli District ..............for future widening||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||2004|
|Detailed evaluation of a landslide ...........along Karnaprayag-Gowaldam road||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||2005|
|National Geotechnical Facility at Punch House campus of Survey of India, 11-C circular road,Dehradun||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||2008|
|Slope stability studies in Reservoir Rim Region of Tehri dam||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||2015|
|International Symposium on Landslides||Chritchurch||University of Canterbury||1992|
|Asian Regional Symposium on Rock Slopes||New Delhi||Indian Geotechnical Soceity||1992|
|International Conference on Environmental Management Geo-water and Engineering Aspects||Wollongong, Australia||University of Wollongong||1993|
|Seventh International Congress International Association of Engineering Geology||Lisboa||International Assosciation of Engineering Geology, Lisboa||1994|
|International Workshop on Landslide Hazard Management and Control in the Hindu Kush Himalayas||Kathmandu, Nepal||Geological Society of Nepal||1996|
|7th International Symposium on Landslides, Trondheim||Norway||Geological Society of Norway||1996|
|International Conference On Ecohydrology of High Mountain Areas,||Kathmandu, Nepal||International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development||1996|
|XIV International confernce on Soil Mech. and Foundati||Hamburg||Portuguese Society for Geotechnique||1997|
|International Conference on Sustainable Development||Asmara, Eritrea||University of Asmara||2002|
|International Conference Accelerated Construction of Hydropower Projects||Gedu Bhutan||Hydropower Department of Bhutan||2003|
|SINOROCK - 2004||Three Gorges, China||Geological Society of China||2004|
|International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium||Melbourne, Australia||IEEE, Australia||2013|
|11th International Symposium on Mitigation of Geo-disasters in Asia, Kathmandu & Pokhara||Kathmandu, Nepal||Geological Society of Nepal||2013|
- Association of Engineering Geologists, Life Member (LM-215)
- Indian Geotechnical Society, Life Member (LM-1074)
- Indian Water Resources Society, Life Member (LM-92-4065)
- Society of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, Life Member (LM-580)
- Geological Society of India, Life Member (LM-1026)
- Indian Geological Congress, Life Member (LM-58)
- Mining Engineers Association of India, Life Member (LM- 2404)
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Engineering Geology||ES 405||Integrated M. Tech Geological Technology||Autumn|
|Rock Mechanics and Soil Mechanics||ES 421||Integrated M. Tech Geological Technology||Autumn|
|Engineering Geology||ES 432||M. Sc. Final||Spring|
|Advanced Engineering Geology||ES 723||Integrated M. Tech Geological Technology||Spring|
|Geotechnical Investigations||ES 661||Integrated M. Tech Geophysical Technology||Autumn|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Geotechnical investigations on the stability ......along Kathgodam-Bhowali-Nainital road section||Aniruddha Roy|
|Geotechnical investigations on the stability of underground Power house of Lakhwar dam, G. Himalaya||Sudhakar Shukla|
|Geotechnical investigations on the stability of abutments of Lakhwar dam, Garhwal Himalaya, U.P.||D.P.Kanungo|
|Geotechnical problems of stability of hill slopes .............along Rishikesh-Shivpuri road||Amit Sinha|
|Geotechnical investigations on the stability of Jamrani reservoir rim .......K.Himalaya||Upendra Srivastava|
|Landslide hazard evaluation and zonation mapping of Shivpuri area in Lower Ganga valley, Garhwal H||D. S. Bist|
|Geo-environmental appraisal of Doon Valley with particular reference to hazard evaluation||Luv Sharma|
|Geotechnical evaluation and alternate route location ...........on Ramban- Banihal road, J&K State||P. K. Naik|
|Geotechnical evaluation of Lakhwar dam reservoir, Garhwal Himalaya||Bhisham Singh|
|Geotechnical evaluation of Kishau dam reservoir, Garhwal Himalaya||Pramod Kumar|
|Engineering Geological studies of Tail Race Tunnel (TRT) of Salal Hydel Project, (Stage-II) J&K||M.Balaji|
|Slope stability studies in Ladhiya Valley, Kumaun Himalaya||N.C.N.Srivastava|
|Landslide hazard zonation mapping of Champawat-Dhaun area, Kumaun Himalaya, U.P||Natbar Pal|
|Slope stability studies of Vyasi dam reservoir rim area, Garhwal Himalaya,U.P||Vikrant Jain|
|Slope stability studies of Ichari-Meenas road, Garhwal Himalaya, U.P.||Atanu Roy Chaudhari|
|Geo-environmental appraisal on the stability of slopes around Haridwar, U.P.||Anirban Basak|
|Engineering geological studies of Nathpa dam site, Nathpa-Jhakri Hydel Scheme, Himachal Pradesh||Hemanta Kumar Mahanta|
|Engineering geological evaluation of the Vishnuprayag Hydel Scheme on Alaknanda river, U.P., India.||Suman Bhattacharyya|
|Engineering Geological appraisal of dam site of Srinagar Hydel Scheme, Garhwal Himalaya, U.P., India||Bhabani Sankar Pradhan|
|Head Race Tunnel (HRT) of Nathpa-Jhakri Hydro-Electric Project- An Engineering Geological Evaluation||Debakanta Biswal|
|Assessment of slope stability using SMR technique along Chalthi-Champawat road, Kumaun Himalaya, U.P||Pradipta B.Chakrabarthy|
|Engineering Geological studies of half tunnels.||Koushik Chatterjee|
|Engineering Geological appraisal of barrage site of Baspa-II hydro-electrical project, H. P||Vinu,T.J.|
|Expert system for landslide hazard zonation||P.R. Jyothishree|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Geotechnical evaluation of stability of slopes in parts of Alaknanda valley .......land use planning||Mr. Shantanu Sarkar||A||1992|
|Terrain evaluation and hazard Zonation mapping in parts of Bhagirathi river valley, Garhwal Himalaya||Mr. Pankaj Gupta||A||1992|
|Engineering Geological studies and environmental appraisal of Kishau dam project, Garhwal Himalaya,||Mr. T. Raghuvanshi||A||1992|
|Geo-environmental studies of Ladhiya Valley watershed, Kumaun Himalaya, India||Mr. S. K.Tyagi||A||1994|
|Hill slope stability studies of a part of Tehri reservoir, Himalaya, India||Mr. N. C. N. Srivastava||A||1995|
|Rock mass characterization and evaluation of supports for tunnels in Himalaya||Mr. Naresh Kumar||A||1998|
|Geolenvironmental hazards related to unplanned urbanization of Nainital, Kumaun Himalaya||Mr. Dhrubajyoti Chakraborti||A||2003|
|Slope stability studies along Karnaprayag – Gwaldam road, Garhwal Himalaya. Uttranchal, India||Mr. Atul Kohli (Garhwal University)||A||2003|
|Terrain analysis for landslide hazard zonation in Tehri reservoir rim region using GIS||Mr. Rohan Kumar||A||2009|
|Landsldie hazard zonation analysis and management in Bodi to Bodimetu Ghat section,Theni Dist., TN||Mr. A. Kannan (SASTRA University, TN)||A||2011|
|Engineering Geological evaluation of reservoir slopes||Ms. Sujata Parida||A||2009|
|Geotechnical studies of a hydropower project site, Garhwal, Himalaya, India||Mr. K.Lakshmanan||O||2011|
|Slope Stability Studies in and around Kodiakanal Town, Tamilnadu||Ms. S. Neethu||O||2011|
|Slope stability studies in and around Mussoorie Township, Uttarakhand||Mr. Bipin Peethambaran||O||2013|
|Slope stability studies in rim area of Tehri Dam Reservoir||Mr. Gaurav Chand||O||2013|
|Evaluation Of Landslide Hazards And Sustainable Development In Mountainous Terrains||National Centre for Earth Science Studies||G||2015|
|Landslide Risk Assessment in Himalaya||Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre||I||2014|
|Natural disasters in Himalaya||National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee||T||2014|
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Professional training in Field Geology||Geological Survey of India Training Institute||1978-79|
|Advanced training on "Digital Image processing for thematic applications"||Regional Remote Sensing Service Centre, Nagpur||June, 1992|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Landslide analysis and control - Short term Course||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||April,1994|
|Group Discussion for monitoring of landslide projects - Short Term Course||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||June, 1995|
|Design practices in Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering||Indian Geotechnical Society||28/09/1996|
|Role of Policy Makers in Landslide Hazard Management||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||26/04/1998|
|Landslides due to construction on hill slopes||Indian Geotechnical Society, Roorkee||22/09/1998|
|Landslide Analysis & Control - Short term Course||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||Dec., 2003|
|Landslide Hazard and Risk Zonation in Himalaya||Norwagian Geotechnical Institute, Oslo||2006|
|Detailed Evaluation of Harmony Landslide on Karnaprayag-Gwaldam Road, Chamoli District, Uttaranchal||Chennai||Feb. 2007|
|Modern trends in Landslide mapping and investigations||G. S. I. Hyderabad||2009|
|Some observations on road construction techniques in Himalaya||Planning Com. of India, New Delhi||2013|
|Landslide risk evaluation in Himalaya with particular reference to Indo-Norwegian Cooperation||Chennai||2009|
|Landslide risk assessment and management analysis of Rishikesh - Nandaprayag route,Garhwal Himalaya||NRSA, Hyderabad||2011|
|Slope stability problems of Nainital, Kumaun Himalaya, India||Administrative Academy, Nainital||2010|
|Lessons from tsunami tragedy of December 26, 2004 and strategies for mitigation of tsunami damages||SASTRA University, Thanjavur, TN||2005|
|Coastal Erosion Special reference to East Coast of India||Tamil University, Thanjavur, TN||2006|
|International Collaboration on Landslides and Rock Mechanics between Department of Science and Technology India and Norwagian Geotechnical Institute, Oslo, Norway - Actively participated as a member||Norwagian Geotechnical Institute, Oslo, Norway||RP|
|UNDP Educational Development in Eritrea||University of Asmara||RP|
|Handbook of Mountain Risk Engineering||International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, Nepal||RP|
|Landslide Investigations of Kodaikanal Area||SASTRA University, Thanjavur||RP|
|Disaster Analysis and Management||SASTRA University, Thanjavur||PG|
1. Anbalagan, R., Singh, B, Chakraborty, D and Kohli, A. 2007. `A field Manual for landslide investigations’ published by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.
2. `Mountain Risk Engineering Handbook - Part-1 and Part-2' Published by International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, Kathmandu, Nepal - Published In 1992 - Co-author
3 `Landslides and Sustainable Development in Mountainous Regions’ - a Special Publication of Department of Science and Technology under Co-ordinated National Programme on Landslides published in 1996 - Co-Author
4. `Design practices in Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering'
- Edited by Saran, S. and Anbalagan, R. 1996.
1. `Field Investigations in Engineering Geology'
- for students, researchers and professionals working on Engineering geology, Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering.
- Main emphasis on River valley projects, landslides and route locations.
2. `Landslide Investigations & Stabilization'
- for researchers and professionals working on development projects in mountainous terrain.
Landslides - definitions, classification of landslides, methods of study of landslides, Empirical Studies - LHZ mapping techniques, Analytical studies, Observational studies, recent trends in landslide studies - SMR techniques, Innovative preventive and remedial measures
1. Anbalagan,R. 1992. `Landslide hazard evaluation and zonation mapping in mountainous terrain.' Engineering Geology,32. 269-277
2. Anbalagan,R. 1993. `Environmental hazards of unplanned urbanisation of mountainous terrain.' Quart.Jour.Engg.Geol., 26, 179-184.
3. Sharma,S., Raghuvanshi,T. and Anbalagan,R. 1994. `Plane failure analysis of rock slopes' Geotechnical and Geological Engineering - an International Journal, 13, 105-111
4. Anbalagan,R., Sharma,S. and Raghuvanshi,T. 1996.`An engineering geological appraisal of the Jamrani dam site across the Gaula river in Kumaun Himalaya, India' Engineering Geology, 42, 83-94
5. Anbalagan,R. and Singh,B. 1996. `Landslide hazard and risk assessment mapping of mountainous terrain - a case study from Kumaun Himalaya, India' Engineering Geology 43, 237-246
6. Gupta, P. and Anbalagan, R. 1997. `Landslide hazard zonation (LHZ) and mapping to assess slope stability of parts of the proposed Tehri dam reservoir, India' Quart.Jour.Engg.Geol. V.30. 27-36
7. Gupta, P. and Anbalagan, R. 1997. `Slope stability of tehri reservoir area, India, using landslide hazard zonation (LHZ) mapping', Quart.Jour.Engg.Geol. V.30. 27-36.
8. Anbalagan,R and Singh,B. 2001. ‘Landslide hazard and risk mapping in Himalaya’, Chapter 11, in Book entitled ’Landslide hazard mitigation in the Hindu Kush Himalayas’ Edi. Li Tianchi, Chalise, S.R., Upreti, B.N., International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Kathmandu, pp163-188
9. Anbalagan, R. and Singh, B 2003. `Half tunnels along hill roads of Himalaya – an innovative approach’, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol.2, No.2, pp 99-118
10. Kumar, N, Samadhiya, N.K. and Anbalagan, R. 2004. `Application of rock mass classification systems for tunnelling in Himalaya, India’ Int. Jour. Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol 41, No.3, pp 1-6.
11. Kannan, M, Saranathan,E and Anbalagan,R. 2013. `Landsldie Vulnerability mapping using frequency ratio model: a geospatial approach in Bodi-Bodimettu Ghat section, Theni District, Tamil nadu, India’, Arab. J. Geosci., (Springer), 6, pp 2901-2913.
12. Anbalagan, R. and Parida, S. 2013. `Geoenvironmental problems due to Harmony landslide in Garhwal Himalaya, Uttarakhand, India’. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, V.3, Spl. Issue.3, pp 553-559.
13. Kumar, R and Anbalagan, R., 2013. `Geotechnical evaluation of landslides along pathways of Sri Mata Vaishnodevi hills, Jammu, India, International Journal of Landslide and Environment, V.1, No.1, pp 49-50.
14. Anbalagan, R., Parida, S. and Lakshmanan, K. 2013. `Geotechnical evaluation of Lakhwar underground powerhouse, Uttarakhand Himalaya, India’ Published in Book entitled On a sustainable future of the Earth’s Natural Resources , by Springer Heidelberg, Newyork, Dordrecht & London, ISBN – 978-3-642-32916-6, DOI – 10.1007/978-3-32917-3, pp 239-250.
15. Anbalagan, R. and Parida, S. 2013. `Geotechnical Studies of reservoir area of Lakhwar dam project, Garhwal Himalaya, India’ Int. Jour. Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol.3, Issue.10, pp 402 – 426.
16. Anbalagan R. Kumar R, Lakshmanan K, Parida S, Neethu S, 2014. “Remote Sensing and GIS Based Landslide Susceptibility Mapping Using Frequency Ratio and Fuzzy Logic Approach” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 4(1).
17. Anbalagan, R. Kumar, R. Parida, S. and Lakshmanan, K. 2014. `GIS based post earthquake landslide hazard zonation mapping of Lachung basin, Sikkim’, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, V.1, No.1, pp 411-441.
18. Kannan, M, Saranathan,E and Anbalagan.R. 2015.`Comparative analysis in GIS-based landslide hazard zonation—a case study in Bodi-Bodimettu Ghat section, Theni District, Tamil Nadu, India’ Arab. J. Geosci., (Springer), DOI 10.1007/s12517-013-1259-9, pp 691-699.
19. Anbalagan, R., Kumar, R., Lakshmanan, K., Parida, S. and Neethu,S. 2015. `Landsldie hazard zonation mapping using frequency ratio and fuzzy logic approach, a case study of Lachung valley Sikkim’, Geoenvironmental Disasters (Springer), DOI 10.1186/s40677-014-0009-y, pp 1-17.
20. Kumar, R. and Anbalagan, R. 2015. `Landsldie susceptibility zonation in part of Tehri reservoir region using frequency ratio, fuzzy logic and GIS’ Jour. of Earth System Science,Indian Academy of Sciences, 121., No.2 pp431-4
21. Lakshmanan, K., Anbalagan, R. and Yadav, A.K. 2015. `Geotechnical evaluation of Power Tunnel for Vishnugad – Pipalkoti Hydel Scheme, Garhwal Himalaya, India’ Int. Jour. Current Research, 7, 20308-20314.
1. Anbalagan, R. and Tripathi, B.K. 1987. `Jamrani dam - an economic revolution in Nainital Bhabar.' Uttarakhand, Vol.1. 110-114
2. Anbalagan, R and Sharma,V.K. 1988. `Pre-construction stage investigations of the Jamrani Dam project, Nainital District, U.P.' Rec. Geol. Surv.Ind. Vol.122, Pt.122, Pt.8,201-202
3. Anbalagan.R., 1990. `Appraisal of environmental impacts of construction of Jamrani dam across Gaula River in Nainital District, Kumuan Himalaya.' Jour.Geol.Surv.Ind., V.36. 307-316
4. Gupta,P., Anbalagan, R. and Bist. D.S.1993. `Landslide Hazard Zonation Mapping around Shivpuri, Garhwal Himalaya, U.P.' Jour.Himalayan Geology, Vol.4(1), 95-102
5. Gupta,P. and Anbalagan,R. 1995. `Landslide hazard zonation mapping of Tehri-Pratapnagar area, Garhwal Himalaya' Jour. Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, Vol.1, No.1, 40-58
6. Sharma.S, Anbalagan.R and Raghuvanshi.T, 1996. `A statistical approach to landslides' Jour. Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, Vol.2, No.2, 99-118
7. Anbalagan, R. 1996. `An overview of landslide hazards of Himalaya' Jour.Himalayan Geology, Vol 17, 165-167.
8. Anbalagan, R. 1997. `Mass Wasting - types, causes and mapping in Himalayan region' Chapter 4, in Book entitled `Perspectives of the Mountain Risk Engineering in the Himalayan Region’, Himvikas Occasional Publication No.10., Edi. Agarwal, D.K., Krishna,A.P., Joshi,V., Kumar,K. and Palni, L.M.S., G.B.Pant Institute of Him. Env. & Devel., Almora, 33-52
9. Gupta, P, Anbalagan, R, Jain,N and Sikdar, P.K. 2001. `Landslide hazard evaluation and geostatistical studies in Garwal Himalaya, India’ Jour. Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, Vol.1, No.1, 41-59
10. Srivastava.N.C.N., Basu,I. and Anbalagan,R. 2001.`Stability analysis of some hill slopes for Tehri dam reservoir area’ Jour. Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, Vol.7, No.2, 113-132
11. Anbalagan, R. 2002. ‘Geomorphic Evidence of Neotectonic activities in Gaula river valley, Kumaun Himalaya, Indian Journal of Geomorphology V 6, No. 1 & 2, 1-6
12. Anbalagan, R. and Singh, Bhoop, 2003. ` landslide hazard zonation mapping – a need for sustainable development of Uttaranchal with special reference to route locations. Jour. Engineering Geol., (ISEG) Vol. XXXII, 13-22.
13. Anbalagan, R.2004.`Evaluation of landslide hazards and sustainable development in mountainous terrains’ Landslides, 117 – 130.
14. Anbalgan, R. & Biswas, P. 2004. `Evaluation of slumping problems of sea cliff coast and control measures’ Indian Journal of Geomorphology, Vol.9, Number 1 & 2, 9 -18
15. Ramani, S.E., Rajamanickam, G.V., Anbalagan, R. 2006. `Geoenvironmental appraisal of Kodaikanal hills through landslide hazard zonation map` Indian Jour. Geomorphology, V-9, No.1&2, 131 – 138.
16. Anbalagan, R and Singh, B. 2006. `Landslide hazard zonation mapping – a need for sustainable development of Uttranchal with special reference to route locations’ Jr. Engg. Geol. (ISEG), Vol.XXXII, pp-13 to 22.
17. Kumar,N., Samadhiya,N.K. and Anbalagan, R. 2006. `New SRF values for moderately jointed rocks’ Jour. Rock Mechanics and tunnelling Tech. Vol.12 No.2. pp. 111-122.
18. Biswas, A., Anbalagan, R. and Sarkar, S. 2007. `GIS based evaluation of landslide hazard zonation along Shivpuri – Vyasghat road section, Garhwal Himalaya, India’ Jour. Engineering Geology. Vol. XXXIV, Nos. 1-4, 17-31.
19. Anbalagan, R. and Chakraborty, D. 2008. ‘Slope stability studies along Uttarkashi – Bhatwari road section, Garhwal Himalaya, Uttaranchal, India’ Jour. Geol. Soc. India, Vol. 71,115-124.
20. Srivastava.N.C.N. and Anbalagan, R. 2008.`Landslide hazard zonation mapping and digital elevation model (DEM) Development of a Part of Tehri dam Reservoir Area pertaining to Bhilangana valley’ Jour. Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, Vol.13, No.2, 109-128.
21. Anbalagan, R., Chakraborthy, D. and Kohli, A. 2008. `Landslide hazard zonation (LHZ) mapping on meso-scale for systematic town planning in mountainous terrain’ Jour. Scientific & Industrial Research, Vol. 67, 486 – 497.
22. Anbalagan, R., Chakraborthy, D. and Kohli, A. 2008. `Geotechnical evaluation of Harmony landslide on Karnaprayag – Cwaldam road, Uttarakhand Himalaya’ Current Science, Vol.94, No. 12, 1613 – 1619.
23. Sarkar, S and Anbalagan, R. 2008. `Landslide Hazard Zonation mapping and comparative analysis of hazard zonation maps’ J.Mt. Sci. (2008)5:232-240.
24. Anbalagan, R. 2008. `Modern trends in landslide investigations’ Jour, Engineering Geology, Vol. XXXV, No 1-4, 37-42.
25. Anbalagan, R., Kohli, A and Chakraborthy, D.2008. `Slope stability analysis of Narayanbagar landslide on Karnaprayag-Gwaldam road, Uttarakhand Himalaya,’ Jour, Engineering Geology, Vol. XXXV, No 1-4, 333-338.
26. Pushpalata and Anbalagan, R. 2008. `Geo-environmental assessment for determining suitability of buildable land in context of a Hill Town’ Jour, Engineering Geology, Vol. XXXV, No 1-4, 391-400.
27. Saranathan,E, Kumar,V.R., Kannan,M. and Anbalagan,R. 2010.`Landslide macro hazard zonation of Yecard hill slopes Ghat sections – Km10/4 to 29/6’, Indian Landslides, V.3,No.1, 9-16.
28. Chakraborthy,D., Anbalagan,R. Koli,A. 2010. `Slope stability analysis with appropriate remedial measures for Kailakhan area, Nainital’, Indian Landslides, V.3,No.1, 35 -42.
29. Kannan, M, Saranathan,E and Anbalagan.R. 2011.`Macro landslide hazard zonation mapping – case study from Bodi-Bodimedu Ghats Section,Theni District, Tamilnadu, India’ Jour. Soc. Remote Sens., DOI 10 1007/s12524-011-0112-4.
30. Anbalagan, R. Chakraborty, D and Kohli, A. 2011. `Landsldie hazard zonation (LHZ) mapping on meso-scale for planning and expansion of Urban CentresIn Hilly terrains’ Chapter in Book on Environmental Geo-hazards, Volume II, Research India Press,New Delhi, 12-33.
31. Chakraborty, D. and Anbalagan, R. 2012.`Meso-scale landslide hazard zonation (LHZ) mapping technique – a case study of Nainital area, Uttarakhand’ Jour. Rock Mech and Tunneling, Vol.18, No.2. 97 – 115.
32. Chakraborty, D. and Anbalagan, R. 2013. `Landslide hazard analysis and management: a case study from Nainital, India’In Chapter 11, of book `Earth system processes and disaster management’ Edi. R.Sinha and R.Ravindra, Society of Earth Scientists Series – 1, springer-verlag, Berlin, DOI. 10.1007/978-3-642-28845-6_11, pg 141-154.
33. Kumar, R. and Anbalagan, R. 2015. `Landslide susceptibility zonation of Tehri reservoir rim region using Binary logistic regression model.’ Current Science, Vol. 108, No.9, 1662 -1672.
- 1. Organised a short course sponsored by Deptt. Of Science & Technology, New Delhi on `Landslide analysis and control' between April 5 and 10, 1994. 2. Organised a `Group Discussion for monitoring of projects related to landslides sponsored by DST, Govt. of India' between June 17 & 19, 1995. 3. Organised a three day Workshop on `Design practices in Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering' Sponsored Indian Geotechnical Society between September 26 & 28, 1996. 4. Organised a three day workshop on `Role of Policy Makers in Landslide Hazard Management’‘ under the sponsorship DST, New Delhi between April 24 & 26, 1998. 5. Organised a two day workshop on `Landslides due to construction of hills’ sponsored by I.G.S. Roorkee Chapter on September 21 - 22, 1998. 6. Organised a training course on Landslide Analysis & Control’ from Dec, 8 to 12, 2003 sponsored by DST, Govt. of India, New Delhi , Introduced Four new courses related to Engineering Geology in PG level, Based on the technique developed by self the following BIS codes were developed a) I.S Code on Slope Mass rating (SMR) for rock cut slopes - IS 13365 (Part 3) 1997 b) I.S. Code on Landslide Hazard Zonation (LHZ) Mapping - IS 14496 (Part-2):1998 , Chairman of Bureau of Indian Standards, CED - 56 related to Hill Area Development, 1. Completed about 133 major consultancy projects related to Slope Stability, foundation investigations, site selection for various civil engineering structures, EG investigations related to dams and tunnels and roads, design of retaining walls, breast walls, drainage structures, and check dams. 2. PRODUCTION OF EDUCATIONAL TV PROGRAMME: A 20 minute educational TV programme on `Tackling a landslide' was prepared under the UGC programme. It portrays the landslide that took place in August,1995 in Haridwar area leading to blockade of train traffic between Haridwar and Dehradun. The film also delves in detail about the description of the slide, causative factors responsible for the slide and the required remedial measures for stabilisation. It was first telecast in October 1996 and a number of times later., Engaged fruitfully in teaching, research and consultancy.
- Participated in the one month International Training course as a resource person on `Mountain Risk Engineering ' at International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Kathmandu, during May & June 1991 as well as during May 18 & 23,1996