Ameeya, Kumar Nayak
Areas of Interest
- Computational Fluid Dynamics, Electroosmotic Flows in micro and nano channels, Reactor modelling: LSQ spectral method, PBM
- Fluid Mechanics, Two phase flow in porous media, Biofliuds, Non-newtonian fluid flow in Microchannel
|Ph.D.||Compuataional Fluid Dynamics||IIT Kharagpur, India||2003-2008|
|Postdoc||Reactor Modelling||Department of Chemical Engineering, NTNU, Norway||2008-2010|
|Postdoc||Two phase flow in Porous media||ICP, University of Stuttgart, Germany||2010-2011|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Computational Investigation of Heat and Mass Transfer in Micro- and Nano Channel||SERB, India||2014|
|DME Project||DST (AISRF) under Indo-Australia Grand Project||2014|
|Transient Electroosmotic Flows||MHRD, IIT Rookee||2013|
- American Chemical Society, Annual Member
- Indian Science Congress Association, Annual Member
Refereed Journal Papers
Some of my selected publications:
- S. Bhattacharyya & A.K. Nayak 2007 Electroosmotic transport in charged cylindrical micro- and nano-channels. International Journal of Engineering science 45, 55-74. (I.F. 3.165)
- S. Bhattacharyya & A.K. Nayak 2008 Time periodic electro-osmotic transport in a charged micro/nano-channel. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 325 (2008) 152–159.(I.F. 2.834)
- S. Bhattacharyya & A.K. Nayak, 2009 Electroosmotic flow in micro/nanochannels with surface potential heterogeneity: An analysis through the Nernst–Planck model with convection effect. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 339 (2009) 167–177.(I.F. 2.834)
- S. Bhattacharyya & A.K. Nayak, 2010 Combined effect of surface roughness and heterogeneity of wall potential on electroosmosis in micro/nanofluidic channels. Journals of Fluids Engineering. 132, Issue 4 (2010) 041103(11pages) doi:10.1115/ 1.4001308. ASME, (I.F. 1.442)
- A.K. Nayak & S. Bhattacharyya, 2011 Double-diffusive convection in a cubical lid-driven cavity with opposing temperature and concentration gradients. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics. DOI 10.1007/s00162-011-0246-6 (2011). (I.F. 1.321)
- A. K. Nayak, Z. Borka, L. Patruno, F. Sporleder, C.A. Dorao, and H. A. Jakobsen, A Combined Multifluid-Population Balance Model for Vertical Gas-Liquid Bubble Driven Flows Considering Bubble Column Operating Conditions, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research (I&ECR) 50(3), 2011, 1786-1798. ACS, (I.F. 2.587)
- K. R. Rout, J. Solsvik, A. K. Nayak and H. A. Jakobsen, 2011 A Numerical Study of Multicomponent Mass diffusion and Convection in Porous Pellets for the Sorption-Enhanced Steam Methane Reforming and Desorption Processes, Chemical Engineering Science, vol: 66, Issue. 18, 4111-4126 (2011). (I.F. 2.948)
- A. K. Nayak 2011 An Analysis of Transient Electroosmotic flows Through Charged Cappilaries. Nanomechanics Science and Technology. An International Journal, 2(4), 2011, P.1-26. (I.F. 1.034)
A. K. Nayak 2013 An Analysis of Steady/Unsteady Electroosmotic flows Through Charged cylindrical nano channel. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics Volume 27, Issue-6, pp 885-902. (I.F. 1.321).
- A. K. Nayak, P. K. Jena, P. A. Lakshmi Narayana 2014 Flow Simulation and Mixed Convection in a Lid-Driven Square Cavity with Saturated Porous Media. Journal of Porous Media, Volume 17(6): 537-548.
- A. K. Nayak 2014 Analysis of Mixing for Electroosmotic flow in micro/nano channels with heterogeneous surface potential. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 75, 135:144. (I.F. 2.980)
- A. K. Nayak, 2014 Enhancement of flow mixing in micro and nano channels. ANZIAM Journal, 55 pp.C47–C63, 2014.
- V. Kajjam, A. Nayak, V. K. Katiyar, B. Singh, S. Malik, 2015 Heat transfer effect of cavity ventilation on cold air in thermally insulated vented and unvented wall, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, doi 10.2514_1.t4619, AIAA.
- V. Kajjam, A. Nayak, V. K. Katiyar, B. Singh, Neha Gupta 2015 Thermosolutal mixed convection in an air filled ventilated enclosure with slot wise embedded heat and contaminant sources, Journal of Heat Transfer, 138, 032501-1-9.ASME. (I.F. 1.788).
- A.K. Nayak, S. Malik, K. Venkateshwarlu, P.K. Jena 2016 Magneto-convection and its effect on partially active thermal zones in a porous square domain, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 95 (2016) 913–926. (I.F. 2.980).
- A. K. Nayak, A. Haque, A. Banerjee, B. Weigand, Flow Mixing and Electric Potential Effect of Binary Fluids in Micro/Nano Channels, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.colsurfa. 2016.10. 033. (I.F. 2.834)
- A. K. Nayak, A. Haque, A. Banerjee, 2016, Thermosolutal mixed convection of a shear thinning fluid due to partially active mixed zones within a lid-driven cavity, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/ j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.09.057. (I.F. 2.980).