Uaday SinghAssociate Professor uadayfma[at]iitr.ac.in 01332285430
Areas of Interest
Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Fourier Approximation, Summability
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Ch. Charan Singh University Meerut
M. Sc. with I division
Ch. Charan Singh University Meerut
Sponsored Research Projects
Some Problems on Fourier Approximation in Banach Spaces
National Board For Higher Mathematics
Pedagogy Course on Engineering Mathematics
MHRD through IIT Khragpur
Participation in seminars
7th Conference on Function Spaces
World Congress on Engineering (WCE-2013)
Imperial College London
DST, Govt. of India
International Congress in Honour of Professor H. M. Srivastava
Uludag Unversity Turkey
International Conference on Applied Mathematics and Approximation Theory
UGC, New Delhi
International Conference on Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computation
Gandhi-gram Rural Institute Tamil Nadu
International Conference on Mathematical Sciences (ICMS-2012)
Shivaji Science College Nagpur
International Conference On ‘Optimization and Its Applications
Indian Mathematical Society, Life Member
International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation, Life Member
Int. Association of Engineers, Life Member
American Mathematical Society, Regular Member till 2016
Int. M. Sc. - IV + M.Sc.-I
Real Analysis - I
Int. M.Sc. - I Year
Complex Analysis and Linear Algebra
M. Sc.- I Year+Int. M.Sc. -IV Year
Projects and Thesis Supervised
Title of Project
Names of Students
Residue and Its Applications
Study of Conformal Transformation
Shailendra Kumar Bharati
Fourier Series and Its Applications
Corrected Fourier series and Its Application to Function Approximation
Trigonometric Approximation for Bessel Functions
Raj Kumar Soni
Maximum Modulus Principal for Non-Analytic Functions Defined in the Unit Disc
Research Scholar Groups
Shailesh Kumar Srivastava
Status of PHD
Some Problems on Fourier Approximation in Lp- Spaces
Some Problems on Trigonometric Approximation in Lp(p?1)- Spaces
Shailesh Kumar Srivastava
Fourier Series Approximation of Functions in Lp(p?1)-Spaces
Fourier Approximation in Certain Function Spaces
Participation in short term courses
4 Week Orientation Course
QIP Short Term Course on Soft Computing
Courses or Conferences Organised
International Conference on Recent Trends on Mathematical Analysis and Applications
DST, UCOST, ISAAC, QIP, IIT Roorkee
Special Lectures Delivered
HNB University Garhwal
HNB University Garhwal
1. Uaday Singh, Shailesh Kr. Srivastava, On the Degree of Approximation of Conjugate Functions in Weighted Lipschitz Class, Book chapter accepted for publication in IAENG Transactions on Engineering Sciences by CRC Press/Balkema, Taylor & Francis Group.
2. Uaday Singh, Fourier Approximation in Lp – Spaces (A monograph), VDM Verlag Dr. Müller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG, Germany, ISBN-NR 978-3-639-20410-0 (2009).
3. Reviewed the book “Theory and Problems of Complex Variables, SI (metric edition) by Spiegel” for its 2009 Edition.
4. A Chapter entitled STRAIGHT LINES in Mathematics Textbook for Class XI, published by NCERT, New Delhi (2006).
5. A Chapter entitled COORDINATE GEOMETRY in Mathematics Textbook for Class IX, published by NCERT, New Delhi (2006).
Refereed Journal Papers
Research Papers in Journals:
1. Shalini Priti, Saurabh Shyam Mittal, Uaday Singh, Vinay Kumar, Approximation of Functions by Matrix Means of Walsh-Fourier series, Advances in Mathematics Research, USA, 5(2003), 31- 45.
2. M. L. Mittal, Uaday Singh, Vishnu N. Mishra, Shalini Priti, Saurabh Shyam Mittal, Approximation of functions (signals) belonging to Lip - class by means of conjugate Fourier series uses linear operators, Indian J. Math. Vol. 47, Nos. 2 - 3, (2005), 217-229.
3. M. L. Mittal, Uaday Singh, V. N. Mishra, Approximation of functions (signals) belonging to - class by means of conjugate Fourier series using Nörlund operators, Var?hmihir J. Math. Sci. India, Vol. 6, No.1, (2006), 383-392.
4. Vishnu N. Mishra, M. L. Mittal, Uaday Singh, On best approximation in locally convex space, Var?hmihir J. Math. Sci. India, Vol. 6, No.1, (2006), 43-48.
5. M. L. Mittal, Uaday Singh, V. N. Mishra, On the strong Nörlund summability of conjugate Fourier series, Appl. Math. Comp. 187(2007), 326-331.
6. M. L. Mittal, B. E. Rhoades, V. N. Mishra, Uaday Singh, Using Infinite Matrices to Approximate Functions of Class Lip (?, p) using Trigonometric Polynomials, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 326(2007), 667-676.
7. M. L. Mittal and Uaday Singh, T.C1 Summability of a Sequence of Fourier Coefficients, Appl. Math. Computation, 204(2) (2008), 702-706.
8. M. L. Mittal, B. E. Rhoades, Smita Sonker, U. Singh, Approximation of signals of class Lip (?, p) by linear operators, Appl. Math. Computation, 217(9) (2011), 4483-4489.
9. Uaday Singh, M. L. Mittal, Smita Sonker, Trigonometric Approximation of Signals (Functions) Belonging to W(Lr , ?(t)) - Class by Matrix (C1. Np) Operator, Int. J. Math. & Math. Sci., 2012 (2012), 1-11.
10. Smita Sonker, Uaday Singh, Degree of approximation of the conjugate of signals (functions) belonging to Lip(?, r)-class by (C,1)(E, q) means of conjugate trigonometric Fourier series, Journal of Inequalities and Applications, 128(2012), 1-7.
11. Uaday Singh, Smita Sonker, Trigonometric Approximation of Signals (Functions) Belonging to Weighted (Lp, ?(t))-Class by Hausdorff Means, J. Applied Functional Analysis, 8(1) (2013), 37-44.
12. Uaday Singh, Shailesh Kumar Srivastava, Degree of Approximation of Functions in Lipschitz Class with Muckenhoupt Weights by Matrix Means, IAENG Int. J. Appl. Maths., 43(4)(2013), 190-194
13. Uaday Singh, Shailesh Kumar Srivastava, Approximation of Conjugate of functions belonging to weighted Lipschitz class W(Lp, ?(t)) by Hausdorff means of conjugate Fourier series, J. Compu. Appl. Maths, 259 (2014), 633-640.
14. Shailesh Kumar Srivastava, Uaday Singh, Trigonometric approximation of periodic functions belonging to Lip(?(t), p)-class, J. Compu. Appl. Maths., 270(2014), 223-230.
15. Uaday Singh, Shailesh Kumar Srivastava, Trigonometric approximation of functions belonging to certain Lipschitz classes by C1.T operator, Asian-European Journal of Mathematics, 7(4) (2014), 1450064 (13 pages).
16. Shashi Sharma, Uaday Singh, V. K. Katiyar, Magnetic Field Effect on Floe Parameters of Blood along with Magnetic Particles in a Cylindrical Tube, J. Magnetisms and Magnetic Materials, 377(2015) 395 - 401.
17. Shashi Sharma, V. K. Katiyar, Uaday Singh, Mathematical Modelling for Trajectories of Magnetic Nanoparticles in a Blood Vessel under Magnetic Field, J. Magnetisms and Magnetic Materials, 379(2015) 102-107.
18. Soshal, Uaday Singh, Approximation of periodic integrable functions in terms of modulus of continuity, Acta et Commentationes Universitatis Tartuensis de Mathematica, 20(1), 2016, 23-34.
19. Uaday Singh, Birendra Kumar, Convergence of Matrix Means of Mellin Fourier Series, Palestine Journal of Mathematics, 5(1), 2016, 269-274.
20. Soshal Saini, Uaday Singh, Degree of approximation of functions belonging to Lip(?(t), p)-class by linear operators based on Fourier series, Boll. Unione Mat. Ital., DOI 10.1007/s40574-016-0064-2, 1-10.
Research Papers in Conference Proceedings:
21. Uaday Singh, Smita Sonker, Degree of Approximation of Function f ?Hp(w) Class in Generalised Hölder Metric by Matrix Means, Communications in Computer and Information Sciences (Springer-Verlag), 283 (2012), 1-10. [Proceedings of ICMMSC-2012 held at Gandhigram Tamilnadu during March 16-18, 2012].
22. Smita Sonker, Uaday Singh, Approximation of Signals (Functions) Belonging to - Using Trigonometric Polynomials, Procedia Engineering (Elsevier), 38(2012), 1575-1585. [Proceedings of ICMOC-2012 held at Noorul Islam Centre for Higher Education during April 11-12, 2012].
23. Uaday Singh, Shailesh Kumar Srivastava, Fourier Approximation of Functions Conjugate to the Functions Belonging to Weighted Lipschtiz Class, Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, 1(2013), 236-240. [Proceedings of WCE-2013 held at Imperial College of London, July 3-4, 2013].
24. Shailesh Kumar Srivastava, Uaday Singh, Trigonometric approximation of periodic functions belonging to weighted Lipschitz class W(Lp, ?(t), ?), Contemporary Mathematics (CONM) Book Series Published by AMS [Proceedings of the 7th Conference on Function Spaces at SIUE 2014, Edwardsville, USA held during May 20-24, 2014], Vol. 645 (2015), pp. 283-291.
25. Soshal, Uaday Singh, Degree of approximation of f ?L[0, ?) by means of Laguerre – Fourier series, Mathematical Analysis and Its Applications (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, Vol. 143) [Proceedings of ICRTMAA 2014 held at IIT Roorkee during December 21-23, 2014] , pp. 207-217.
26. Shashi Sharma, Anurag Gaur, Uaday Singh, V. K. Katiyar, Modelling and Simulation of Magnatic Nanoparticles Transport in a Channel for Magnetic Drug Targeting [Proc. of Int. Conf. on Fluid and Aerodynamics (2014)], ISBN 978-1-61804-268-2, (2015), 116-120.