The department offers consultancy in Mathematical Modeling of industrial and real life problems. The faculty also joins industrial research and consultancy teams of other departments to solve engineering problems involving high mathematical content.
ON GOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
- UGC: Genetic Algorithms in Defence.
- DST: Stability of Boyance Opposed Mixed Convective Flow in a Porouds Channel.
- MHRD - Project 'Statistical Algorithms for Noisy Data Image Reconstruction' .
- DRDL - Consultancy 'CBP Reconstruction: Application of Optimal Filter' .
EXPERTISE IN RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY
- Image Processing
- Computer Vision
- Machine learning
- Fracture Mechanics
- Non-Newtonian Fluids
- Heat transfer in fluids
- Mathematical modeling of Industrial problems
- Magnetohydrodynamic flows
- Stability problems
- Theory of relativity
- Relativistic cosmology
- Operations Research
- Optimization in Crisp, Fuzzy and Stochastic Environments
- Queuing theory
- Robotics and control
- Statistics and tomography
- Fuzzy set theory
- Parallel computing
- Optimal control theory
- Programming languages and Computer Software
- Summability theory
- Approximation theory
- Special functions and Entire functions
- Computer graphics and animation
Consultancy Projects Undertaken
|Principal Investigator||Name of Project||Sponsoring Agency
|Outlay (Amount in Lakhs of Rs.)|
|Tanuja Srivastava||CBP Reconstruction : Application of Optimal Filter||DRDL, Hyderabad||4.50|
|Kusum Deep||Optimization of Parametric Weights of Nearest Neighbour Model for Avalanche Forecasting||
|R Balasubramanian||Anomaly Detection and Sub-pixel Classification Algorithms for Hyperspectral Imaging||
|R Balasubramanian||Development of feature reduction and classification algorithms for Hyperspectral data processing||