Areas of Interest
- Material Science, Nanotechnology, Composites, Nanocomposites, Atomistic Modeling, Finite element modeling, Molecular dynamics
|2014||Present||Assistant Professor||Indian Institute of Technology-Roorkee|
|2013||2014||Attached Scientist||Atomic Energy of Canada Limited|
|2012||2013||Postdoctoral||John Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA|
Honors and Awards
|Atomic Energy of Canada Limited postdoctoral fellowship||Atomic Energy of Canada Limited||2013|
|NSERC (Visiting postdoctoral fellowship)||Canadian Government Laboratories||2013|
|NSERC postgraduate scholarship (PGS D3)||University of Alberta/ University of Toronto||2009-2012|
|Alberta innovates graduate scholarship in nanotechnology||University of Alberta||2010-2012|
|Presidents doctoral prize of distinction||University of Alberta||2009-2012|
|Ontario graduate scholarship||University of Toronto||2009|
|ASME OMAE Calgary graduate scholarship||University of Alberta||2010-2012|
|Tuition fees waiver||University of Alberta||2009|
|University of Toronto fellowship||University of Toronto||2008|
|President scout||K.V. # 3 Jaipur||1994|
|PhD||Mechanical Engineering||University of Alberta||2012|
|2004||2006||Executive Engineer||National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC Ltd.)|
|2003||2004||Engineer||Honda Siel Cars India Ltd.|
|2002||2003||Graduate Engineer||LML Ltd|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Tailoring of polymer properties using nanofillers||IIT Roorkee (MHRD)||2014|
|A molecular dynamics based atomistic simulation to study the effect of nanofiller on the mechanical||Nanomission, Department of Science and Technology||2015|
|Atomistic simulations to study irradiation damage in alloys||Department of Atomic Energy, BRNS||2016|
- Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Alberta, Professional Engineer
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Engineering Analysis and Design||MI-291||Mechanical Engineering||Autumn|
|Mechanics of Composites||MIN-560||Mechanical Engineering||Spring|
|Machine Design||MI-212||Production & Industrial||Spring|
|Measurement and Instrumentation||MI-362||Mechanical Engineering||Spring|
|Modeling and Simualtion||NT-504||Nanotechnology||Spring|
|Engineering Drawing||MI-108||Mechanical Engineering||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Molecular dynamics based atomistic simulations of defective graphene||Mr. Rajasekaran G||O||2014|
|Molecular dynamics based simulations of BN reinforced nanocomposites||Mr. Rajesh Kumar||O||2015|
|Nuclear Irradiation||Divya Singh||O||2016|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Atomistic Modeling of Nanofillers||QIP, IIT Saharanpur||21/2/2015|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Rajesh Kumar, Avinash Parashar, (2017)Fracture toughness enhancement of h-BN monolayers via hydrogen-passivation of crack surface. Nanotechnology ,28,165702
- Rajasekaran G., Avinash Parashar, (2017) Enhancement of Fracture Toughness of Graphene via Crack Bridging with Stone-Thrower-Wales Defects. Diamond and related materials. 74,90-99
- Avinash Parashar, Divya Singh, (2017) Molecular dynamics based study of an irradiated single crystal of niobium. Computational materials science.131,48-54
- Rajasekaran G., Avinash Parashar, (2016) Anisotropic compressive response of Stone-Thrower-Wales defects in graphene: A molecular dynamics study. Materials research express, 9 095015
- Rajesh Kumar, Pierre Pertiny, Avinash Parashar, (2016) Effects of Different Hydrogenation Regimes on Mechanical Properties of h-BN: A Reactive Force Field Study: A Reactive Force Field Study. The Journal of physical chemistry C. 120, 21932–21938
- Muse Degefe, Avinash Parashar, (2016) Effect of non-bonded interactions on failure morphology of defective graphene. Materials research express, 4, 045009
- Rajasekaran G., Avinash Parashar, (2016) Molecular Dynamics Study on Mechanical Response and Failure Behaviour of Graphene: Performance Enhancement via 5-7-7-5 Defects. RSC Advances,6, 26361-26373
- Rajasekaran G., Avinash Parashar, (2016) Molecular dynamics based simulations to study the effect of modified cut-off function for Tersoff potential on estimating mechanical properties of graphene. Material research express , 3 , 035011.
- Rajesh Kumar, Rajasekaran G, Avinash Parashar, (2016), Optimised cut-off function for Tersoff like potentials for BN nanosheet: A molecular dynamics study. Nanotechnology, 27,085706
- Rajesh Kumar, Avinash Parashar, (2016), Atomistic modelling of mechanical and thermal properties of BN nanofillers: a review. Nanoscale, 8,22-49.
- Rajasekaran G., Avinash Parashar (2016) Effect of point and line defects on the properties of graphene. Critical reviews in solid state and materials sciences. 41,46-70.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2013) Effect of van der Waals interaction on the fracture characteristics of graphene sheet. Solid State Communication. 173, 56-60.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2013) Effect of van der Waals forces on the buckling strength of multiple graphene sheets. Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 10, 2626-2630.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny (2013) Multiscale model to study fracture toughening in graphene/polymer nanocomposites, International Journal of Fracture, 179, 221-228.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2013) Failure mechanism in adhesively bonded FRP pipe sections with different fibre architecture, Composite Part B 47, 102-106.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2013) Finite element analysis to study the effect of dimensional and geometrical parameters on the stability of graphene sheets. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 10, 292-296.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2012) Representative volume element to estimate buckling behavior of graphene/polymer nanocomposite. Nanoscale Research Letters, 7, 515. (Highly Accessed Article)
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2012) Multiscale model to investigate the effect of graphene on the fracture characteristics of graphene/polymer nanocomposite, Nanoscale Research Letters, 7, 595. (In Oct 2012 was listed among the top 20 downloaded papers)
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2012) Effect of FRP pipe scaling on its adhesive bonding strength. Journal of Adhesion, 88, 866-880.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2012) Study of mode I fracture of graphene sheets using atomistic based finite element modeling and virtual crack closure technique. International Journal of Fracture, 176,119-126.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny, (2012) Adhesively bonded composite tubular joints: Review. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, 38, 58-68. (In Oct 2012 was listed among the top 5 downloaded papers)
- Jasjit Singh Mann, Avinash Parashar, Ankur Shah, N.R.Sivakumar, (2010) Numerical and experimental analysis of nanosecond pulsed laser drilling with dual frequency. International Journal of Abrasion Technology, 3, 141-156.
- Ankur Shah, Avinash Parashar, Jasjit Singh Mann, N.R. Sivakumar, (2009) Interference assisted laser induced forward transfer for structured patterning. The Open Applied Physics, 2, 49-52.
- Avinash Parashar, Jasjit Singh Mann, Ankur Shah, N.R.Sivakumar, (2009) Numerical and experimental study of interference based micromachining of stainless steel. Journal of Laser Micro/Nano Engineering, 4, 124-127.
- Jasjit Singh Mann, Avinash Parashar, Ankur Shah, N.R.Sivakumar, (2009) Optical setup with high power transmission for creating gratings at the focusing length. Journal of Modern Optics, 56, 1341-1347.
- Avinash Parashar, Jasjit Singh Mann, Ankur Shah, N.R.Sivakumar, (2009) Interference based marking method for toric contact eye lens inserts. Journal of Modern Optics, 56, 855-862.
- Avinash Parashar, Ankur Shah, Muthukumaran Packirisamy, N.R.Sivakumar, (2007) Three cavity tunable MEMS Fabry Perot interferometer. Journal of Sensors, 7, 3071-3083. (Published in special issue on modeling, testing and reliability issues in MEMS engineering)
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny. Impact of scaling on fracture strength of adhesively bonded fibre reinforced polymer piping. Procedia Engineering. 2011; 10 : 455-459.
- Avinash Parashar, Pierre Mertiny. Challenges in joining thermoset composite piping. International pipeline conference.2010 Calgary -IPC2010-31297
- Pierre Mertiny, Mohamed T. Bashar, Avinash Parashar, Kulwinder Juss. Technological advances for improved performance and operation of fiber reinforced polymer piping. ASME Pressure Vessels & Piping Conference.2010
- Avinash Parashar, Ankur Shah, N.R.Sivakumar. Laser micromachining for biomedical applications. International Conference LPM.2008 Quebec.
- Avinash Parashar, Mukesh K. Meena. Robotics and artificial intelligence.National Level Conference DOKINCE.2001. India.
- Avinash Parashar, AshutoshPandey. Space Robotics. National Level Conference PRODIGY. 2001. India