Solar Energy Lab
AWS SENSOR LOCK-IN SPECIFICATION
WIND DIRECTION SENSOR:
Sensor : Wind vane coupled to a Linear endless Potentiometer
Range : 0 to 359 degrees from North
Accuracy : + 3 degrees.
Linearity: With in the accuracy limit
Output: 0 to 5 K ohms resistance corresponding to the range option of 0 to 1 Volt or 0 to 2.5 Volt for the range
Power input : 5 to 12 Volt depending on the users requirement.
Termination: On a 4/5 pin MS connector ( including Anemometer )
WIND SPEED SENSOR:
Sensor : 3 cup rotor coupled to a chopper and IR emitter/ detector circuit.
Range : Wind speed 0 to 60 Meters /sec
Accuracy : + 2% of full scale
Starting Threshold : 0.3 Meters /sec
Linearity : With in the accuracy limits.
Output : TTL level pulses frequency proportional to W .Speed.
Approx. 15 Hz/ Mtr/sec
OPTION – Voltage output 0 - 1 V or 0 – 2.5V for 0 to 60 Meters /sec
AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR:
Sensor : Standard Platinum RTD element (PT1000, or PT100 mounted inside weather shield)
Range : - 40 degrees to + 60 degrees Celsius.
Resolution : 0.1 degrees Celsius.
Accuracy : + 0.2 degrees Celsius.
Output : Resistance
Weather Shield: Weather shield coated with weather proof reflective white paint
Size of body: 320(H) x 90 mm diameter (with weather shield).
Housing : Nylon body with weather shield and brass system to mount the
Sensor. The sensor is fitted with a three pin MS connector for easy removal.
·Sensing: Solid state capacity type sensor.
·Resolution: 0.1 %.
·Range: 0 to 100 % operating at - 40 ˚C to +50˚ C
·Accuracy: ± 3% of full scale reading.
·Operating Temperature: - 40 ˚C to +50˚ C
·Power requirement: + 5 volts DC.
·Power consumption: ~ 4 mA.
·Output : 0- 1V for 0 to 100% humidity
·Weather Shield: Weather shield with weather proof reflective white paint coating.
·Size of body : 250 (H) x 90 mm diameter. (With weather shield)
·Sensor: Tipping bucket rain gauge.
·Sensing: Magnet and reed switch (on-off output).
·Resolution: 0.5 mm.
·Accuracy: better than + 5%
·Operating Temperature: -40 ˚ C to +50 ˚ C with built in heater (optional)
·Rim diameter: 203 mm.
·Collecting area: 325 mm².
·Rain gauge is made of FRP.
·Bucket is made of stainless steel and mounting assembly of powder coated brass.( SS316 body optional)
·Sensitivity: 0.5 mm or, 0.2 mm (rainfall per pulse)..
SOLAR RADIATION SENSOR MODEL - DWR 8101:
Sensor : 72 element thermopile.
Spectral range : 0.3 to 3 µ meters
Sensitivity : ~ 20 micro volts/W/M ².
Time constant : < 30 seconds.
Range : 0 – 1500 W/ Sq.m
Output : 0 to 25 milli volts .
Co2 range 0-2000 ppm
0-10 Vdc for CDK 010
4-20 mA for CDK 420
• Optical NDIR sensor
(non-dispersive Infra-red technology)
• Self Calibrating
• Including duct mounting flange
• IP65 enclosure with quick locking screws
Measures Visibility (MOR)
Output Serial data
Range (visibility) 10m to 40km
Measurement Error <=10% at 10 km
<=15% at 20 km
<=20% at 30 km
Measurement principle Forward scatter meter with 39° to 51°
Outputs and Reports Output rate (seconds) 30 to 300 (selectable)
Serial outputs RS232, RS422 and RS485
Data Acquisition System having following features:
- DT80 has18 bit resolution with built in display
- Robust, Real Time & Stand alone, low power data logger
- Capability of Remote Monitoring & Control using various communication methods as RS232, RS485, GSM, Spread Spectrum
- It has Removable Terminal Base Assembly
- Is has User definable memory allocation & mode
- It comes with Easy Configurable Windows Based Software
- The system will be able to transfer data continuously from the monitoring site to the central lab.
- It has capability of putting SMS alerts.
- The system will be provided with battery backup so that in case of supply failure it will be automatically switched on to Battery.
- A display will be provided separately which can show all the mentioned weather parameters continuously.
- It has LCD display with 2 line 16 characters with back light and keypad facility for function execution.
- Operating Temperature range : -45 ˚C to 70 ˚C
- Display functions – channel data, alarms and system status
- Real Time Clock : resolution 200 µs accuracy +/- 1 min /year
- Power supply – 10 to 50 Vdc and facility to connect additional power source to system.
- 5W power consumption
- 6V ( 1.2AHr ) lead acid internal battery with 21 days of operating capacity with I hour sampling
- Weight will not be more than 2.0 Kg
- Inbuilt signal conditioning for various parameter i.e voltage, current, temperature ( TC, RTDs , Thermistors, etc.) and various IC sensors
- Universal channel concept to allow the same terminals to be used for other type of sensors
- 5 -15 number of analog channels
- DT 80 can measures voltage, current, resistance and frequency
- Resolution up to 0.25 µV and 2.5 nA, 1.5 mΩ.
- Accuracy 0.1%
- There is isolation between the inputs
- Input impedance > 100 MΩ programmable
- Sampling Resolution: 18 bit
- Linearity : 0.01 %
- Facility to expand the number of channels to at least 300 channels.
- One analog output.
- 12 Flexible Digital channels
- 8 Bi-directional channels for state & count input and state output
- Digital Input Type : 8 logic level measures state or low speed count
- Digital Output type : 4 with open drain FET
- 1 latching relay
- It has 4 dedicated counters or 2 phase encoders
- 4 SDI – 12 inputs, shared with digital channels
- 2 channels available and programmable for data to be logged from smart sensors with Host and Dedicated port
Alarms with high, low, within range and outside range conditions, delays can be provided.
- Internal storage capacity is 128 MB i.e 100,00,000 data points which can be expanded 90,000 data points per 1MB using memory stick
- DAQ system has up to11 numbers of schedules with schedule rates of 10 ms to days to program logging times and triggering facilities.
CEM 20(Channel expansion module).
Channel expansion module.
- Compact size.
- Each CEM20 multiplexes 20 analog channels. In to one analog channel on the data logger.
- One analog channel support three number of single ended channel.
- 20 analog input channels for sensors supported by DT80 range loggers, includes thermocouples, VWSG, RTDs, 4-20mA loops, voltage, resistance, frequency etc.
- 60 number of single ended channel.
- 40 number of differential channel.
Type: Relay multiplexer Maximum Input Voltage: 30Vdc Maximum Sampling Speed: 12Hz
- POWER SUPPLY
Power Supply Recommended: Logger’s switched 12V output Alternative: External regulated 12Vdc ± 5% Power Consumption Sampling: 0.36W (12V 30mA) Idle: CEM20 is automatically turned off when not sampling.
- Physical environment.
Physical and Environment Construction: Powder coated steel and anodized aluminium Dimensions: 180 x 100 x 50mm Weight: 0.55kg Temperature Range: -45°C to 70°C Humidity: 85% RH, non-condensing
A pyranometer is a device used to measure the amount of irradiance that reaches the earth’s surface. As with almost any type of measurement device, there exists a broad range of pyranometers ranging from highly complex, expensive units to fairly inexpensive simple units. This article will explore two types thermopile and photodetector.
Sunshine recorders automatically registering time and duration of insolation are used at meteorological and climatological research centres, observatiories, spas and health resorts, in agriculture, horticulture, viticulture and vegetable gardening. The instruments are set up on flat roofs or on clear ground in such manner as to be well exposed to solar radiation, during the whole day. The type of instrument to be chosen depends on the latitude of the place installation. This recorder consists essentially of a glass sphere mounted concentrially in a section of a spherical metal bowl, the diameter of which is such that the sun’s rays are focussed sharply on a card held in the grooves, in the bowl. Three overlapping pairs of grooves are provided in the bowl to taken up cards suitable for the different seasons of the year. The sphere is made of uniform and well annealed colourless glass and is carefully ground and polished with great precision.