- Indo-Belgium Workshop on Emerging Trends in Smart Nanomaterials Posted On: 22 Nov, 2019
- Final Timetable of ETE (Autumn 2019-20) Posted On: 30 Oct, 2019
- Best Poster Award in International Conference on Condensed Matter & Applied Physics Posted On: 23 Oct, 2019
- Advertisment for Post Doctoral Fellowship Posted On: 26 Sep, 2019
- Time Table Autumn Semester 2019-2020 [EPH & IMSC 1 Year] Posted On: 25 Jul, 2019
- Time Table Autumn Semester 2019-2020 Posted On: 13 Jul, 2019
The Department of Physics from its modest beginning in 1960 has now grown in to an active center of quality teaching and research. Today it stands as one of the leading departments in the country, well known for its excellence in teaching and research. The Department runs five year integrated M.Sc. (Physics) , two year M.Sc. (Physics) and M. Tech. (Solid State Electronic Materials) programs apart from catering the teaching of core Physics courses to undergraduate engineering students. Engineering Physics B.Tech Program has also started in 2015.
The faculty of the Department are actively engaged in different areas of research viz. Atmospheric and Space Physics, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Nuclear Physics, Optics and Theoretical High Energy Physics.
The Department organizes national and international conferences from time to time. The research activity in the department is well recognized by CSIR, AICTE, DST and ISRO and a number of research projects funded by these agencies are always in progress in the department.
- Accelerator Physics
- Atmospheric and Space Physics
- Atomic and Molecular Collision Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Fiber Optics & Photonics
- High Energy Physics
- Laser Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Smart Materials