It is used for the measurement of contact angle between a liquid and a solid. In addition to this, the system also permits the recording and evaluation of video images and the calculation of surface energies and surface tension with the aid of the numerous evaluation methods.
- Measuring range: 1-180°
- Accuracy: ± 0.1°
- Camera: Monochrome interline CCD, 25/30 fps
- Light Source: Halogen lamp
- Dimensions: 520*160*530 mm
- Power supply: 220V, 50 Hz
- Power Consumption: 30 W
FURNACE (Lenton LTF 16/450)
The lab houses a fully functional tubular furnace for annealing of materials. Heating in the Lenton LTF 16/450 furnace is provided by silicon carbide rod elements which are mounted parallel to the work tube. The elements radiate heat directly onto the tube for rapid response rates. Low thermal mass insulation is used throughout for maximum thermal efficiency and stability. A digital temperature controller is provided which uses PID algorithms to give excellent temperature control. The controller can store up to 5 programs of 8 ramp/dwell segments.
- Annealing in ambient as well inert environment
- Maximum operating Temperature: 1400°C
- Maximum power: 4.5kW
Electrical Measurement Facility
Here in the Nano Science Laboratory we have the Keithley set-up for the electrical measurements of the Nano-structured thin films. Keithley is an application program designed and developed for characterizing nanoscale materials devices as well as semiconducting devices. Sources and measurement functions for a test are provided by source measure units (electronic instruments that source and measure DC voltages and currents). Test capabilities are extended with support from a variety of external components:
Model 2002 Multimeter:
- DC voltage measurements from 1 nV to 1100V
- AC RMS voltage measurements from 100nV to 750V,1100V peak
- DC current measurement from 10 pA to 2.1 A
- AC current measurement from 100 pA to 2.1 A
- Frequency measurement 1 Hz to 15MHz
- RTD temperature measurement from -200°C to +630°C
- Thermocouple temperature measurement from -200°C to 1820°C
Model 2400 Source meter:
- Source voltage from 5µV to 210 V
- Source current from 50pA to 1.05A
- Measure resistance from 100µ? to 211M?
- Maximum source power 22W
Model 2400 Source meter:
6221 AC and DC Current Source combine ease of use with exceptionally low current noise. Low current sourcing is critical to applications in test environments ranging from R&D to production, especially in the semiconductor, nanotechnology.
- Source AC currents from 2pA to 100mA for AC characterization of components and materials. The 6221's 10MHz output update rate generates smooth sine waves up to 100 kHz.
- Programmable pulse widths as short as 5µs, limiting power dissipation in delicate components. Supports pulsed I-V measurements down to 50µs when used with Model 2182A Nanovoltmeter.
2182 A Nanovoltmeter:
The model 2182 can often simplify experiments by coordinating the operation of a current source with nanovoltmeter and by making low noise measurements in a short time.