Areas of Interest
- Research and teaching, Structural Ceramcis, Ceramics and tribology, Ultra high temperature ceramics, Research and teaching, Tribology, Research and teaching, Metal Matrix Composites, Research and teaching, Friction Stir Processing, Research and teaching, Martensitic Stainless Steels
|2016-01-01||Ongoing||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2011-01-01||2016-01-01||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee, India|
|2009-01-01||2011-01-01||Research Professor||the University of Seoul (UOS), Seoul, South Korea|
|2008-01-01||2009-01-01||Post-Doctoral Fellow||Seoul National University (SNU), Seoul, South Korea|
|2007-01-01||2007-01-01||Project Assoicate||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, India|
|2005-01-01||2006-01-01||Guest Researcher||University of Ljubljana (UOL), Ljubjana, Slovenia|
|2003-01-01||2007-01-01||Research Scholar||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, India|
|2001-01-01||2002-01-01||Lecturer (Adhoc)||National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal, India|
|PhD||Materials and Metallurgical Engineering||IIT Kanpur||2007|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Strong and Wear Resistant SiC Nano Composites for Efficient Green Transport Engine Systems||DST||2017-01||3 years 8 months|
|Nano-structured novel TiCN cermets for cutting tool applications||DST||2015-01||5 years 8 months|
|Erosion behavior of ZrB2-SiC composites||ISRO||2015-01||5 years 8 months|
|Enhancement of Wear Resistance of SiC-WC Composites for Tribological Applications||CSIR||2014-01||6 years 8 months|
|Optimization of composition of two wheeler brake pads||TVS Motor Company Ltd. Chennai||2011-01||9 years 7 months|
|Analysis of Microstructural Defects in Austenitic Stainless Steel Wire Roads||Rimjhim Stainless Ltd., Kanpur||2016-01||4 years 7 months|
Participation in seminars
|3rd International Congress on Ceramics||Osaka, Japan||Prof. Y.-W. Kim, University of Seoul||2010-01-01|
|Korean Ceramic Society meeting||Jeju , Korea||Prof. Y.-W. Kim, University of Seoul||2010-01-01|
|Korean Ceramic Society meeting||Changwon, Korea||Prof. Y.-W. Kim, University of Seoul||2010-01-01|
|Korean Ceramic Society meeting,||Dajeon, Korea||Prof. Y.-W. Kim, University of Seoul||2009-01-01|
|1st International Conference of Advanced Tribology||National University of Singapore, Singapore||Self||2004-01-01|
|International Symposium of Research Students||Chennai, India||Sef||2004-01-01|
|15th MRSI conference||Banaras Hindu University, India||Prof. B. Basu, IIT Kanpur||2004-01-01|
|17th National Convention of Metallurgical and Materials Engineers and National Seminar on Emerging M||Bhopal, India||Prof. B. Basu, IIT Kanpur||2020-08-31|
- Tribology Society of India, Life Member
- American Ceramic Society, Member
- Indian Institute of Metals, Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Ceramic and Metal Powder Synthesis||MTN-304||BTech||Spring|
|Structure of Materials||MT 501||MTech||Autumn|
|Ceramic and Polymeric Materials||MT 332 (N)||BTech||Spring|
|Compsites and Polymers||MT-401||BTech||Autumn|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Studies on erosion wear behavior of SiC-WC comopsites||Mr. Sandan Kumar Sharma|
|Soild particle erosion behaviour of high purity titanium and tantalum||Mr. Sameer Upadhyay|
|Sliding wear behaviour of silicon carbide ceramics||Mr. V. Madhusekhar|
|Tribological properties of advanced cermets system||Mr. Prabhat Kumar Yadav|
|Effect of lubrication on sliding wear behavior of 13/4 martensitic stainless steel||Mr. Vipin Goyal|
|Tribological study of friction stir processed aluminium alloy surface composites||Mr. Ranjeet Kumar Singh Yadav|
|Sliding wear behavior of SiC ceramics sintered with small amount of yttria||Ms. Supriya Gupta|
|Effect of SiC particle size on sliding wear behavior of friction stir processed 5083 alloy||Mr. Yashpal|
|Erosion studies of heat treated martensitic stainless steel||Mr. Samanvay Shah|
|High temperature erosion wear of SiC-TaC ceramic composites||Mr. Kapil|
|High temperature erosion wear of TiCN based cermets||Mr. Dinesh Singh|
Research Scholar Groups
|Mr. Sandan Kumar Sharma||SiC ceramics, Wear, SPS|
|Mr. Vikas Verma||Cermets, Wear, SPS|
|Mr. Vipin Sharma||Metal matrix composites, friction stir processing, tribology|
|Mr. Rajavel Muttaiah||Al alloy composites, SPS, wear|
|Mr. Yashpal||ZrB2 ceramics, SPS, erosion|
|Sonali Jamale||Boron carbide ceramics, wear|
|Ch. Suryaprakas Rao||SiC, TiB2|
|Nilesh Dorkar||SiC, BN, wear|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Fabrication and Tribology of friction stir processed Al alloy surface composites||Mr. Vipin Sharma||O||2011-01|
|TiCN BASED CERMET SYSTEMS FOR THE IMPROVED WEAR AND MACHINING PERFORMANCE||Mr. Vikas Verma||O||2012-01|
|Tribological behaviour of SiC-WC composites||Mr. Sandan Kumar Sharma||O||2012-01|
|Devlopment and wear study of heat treated SiC reinforced 6061AA composites||Mr. Rajavel Muttaiah||O||2012-01|
|ZrB2 based ceramic composites for erosion resistance applications||Mr. Yashpal||O||2015-01|
|Boron carbide ceramic composites for wear applications||Ms. Sonali Jamale||O||2016-01|
|Electromehanical properties of SiC ceramics||Ch. Suryaprakas Rao||O||2017-01|
|SiC-BN composites for wear applications||Nilesh Dorkar||O||2017-01|
|Developement and wear properteis of TaC based composites||Ms. Smita Pandey||O||2017-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Yokohama National University||Invited talk at Yokohama National University||2017-01-01|
|University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia||Indo- Slovnia collaborative research project||2016-01-01|
|University of Seoul, Seoul, South Korea||For inivited lecture||2020-08-31|
|PACRIM11 2016, ICC Jeju, South Korea||Invited speaker in PACRIM 11 2016 Conference||2015-01-01|
|University of Seoul||Guest Sceintist||2011-01-01|
|University of Seoul||Research Professor||2011-01-01|
|University of Ljubljana, Slovenia||Guest Researcher||2006-01-01|
|Seoul National University, Seoul||Post-Doctoral Researcher||2009-01-01|
|National University of Singapore, Singapore||For contributory talk in a 1st International Conference of Advanced Tribology||2004-01-01|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Advanced Structural Ceramics||Jaipur Engineering College & Research Centre, Jaipur,||2015-01-01|
|Fundamentals of Ceramics||Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India||2014-01-01|
|Processing and Wear Properties of Si2N2O Phase-free Nano Si3N4 Ceramics||IISc, Bangalore, India||2013-01-01|
|Introduction to Structural Ceramics||JNTUK, Vijayanagaram, A.P.||2014-01-01|
|Structural Ceramics||Dept of MME, IIT Roorkee||2014-01-01|
|Commercialization of Academic Research||IIT Roorkee||2014-01-01|
|“Processing and Tribological Properties of Advanced Ceramic System||ARCI, Hyderabad||2010-01-01|
|Material Removal Mechanisms of a New Generation Cermets: TiCN-Ni-MC (M: W, Nb, Ta, Hf)||DMRL, Hyderabad||2010-01-01|
|Grain size and wear properties of zirconia ceramics||Korea University, Seoul, Korea||2009-01-01|
|Understanding tribological properties of TiCN-Ni based cermets||IIT Delhi, India||2008-01-01|
|Understanding tribological properties of TiCN-Ni based cermets||Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.||2008-01-01|
|Fretting wear behaviour of Mg-SiCp composites: Evolution of wear mechanisms||IIT Kanpur||2006-01-01|
|“India, IITs and Research work at IITK Ceramic laboratory||University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia.||2005-01-01|
National International Collaboration
|Wear resistant SiC ceramics||University of Seoul, Seoul|
|Nano-structured cermets for cutting tool applications||University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia|
Particulars of course- Course coordinator, Short term course on “Materials Science Influence in Tribology of Engineering Ceramics, to be held from June 30 – July 04, 2014, - Course Coordinator, Short term course on “How to improve innovation and IP in HEIs,” February 03-07, 2014 - Coordinator for one day workshop, “Innomania” 14 February, 2015 IIT Roorkee organized by TOCIC, IIT Roorkee - Convener, QIP Workshop titled, “Establishment of Concept Materials Research Laboratory to meet the Futuristic Demands of Cutting Edge Technology,” September 22-23, 2012 at IIT Roorkee - Convener, Annual Day Celebrations 2012, Department of Metallurgical and Matrerials Engineering, September 22-23, 2012 at IIT Roorkee - Co-convener, QIP Workshop titled, “Market Demand of Materials Engineering Education in the Context of Industrial Growth,” November 4-5, 2011, IIT Roorkee - Coordinator for Two–day Orientation Program for research students of IIT Roorkee, “Importance of IP(Patents and copy rights) and commercial aspects of research” September 19-20, 2015, IIT Roorkee - Coordinator QIP sponsored one-day workshop on “Spark Plasma Sintering: A Promising Technique to Develop Advanced Structural Materials” on February 13, 2016 at IIT Roorkee. - Coordinator QIP sponsored short term course “Materials and Processes for High Temperature Applications” during June 06-10, 2016 at IIT Roorkee. - Coordinator for Training of Trainers (ToT) Program, “Organising IP Creation & Management in HEIs” September 13-17, 2016, IIT Roorkee
Refereed Journal Papers
Sonali Jamale and B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, (2020) Sliding Wear Properties of Boron Carbide Ceramics. In: K. M. Reddy (ed.) Boron Carbide: Structure, Processing, Properties and Applications, Nova Science Publishers, NY, USA. (ISBN:
Rajavel Muthaiah V.M., Venkata Manoj Kumar B., Meka S.R. (2019) Influence of Milling and Heat Treatment on Phase Evolution and Microstructural Characteristics of Silicon Carbide Powders. In: Pujari S., Srikiran S., Subramonian S. (eds) Recent Advances in Material Sciences. Lecture Notes on Multidisciplinary Industrial Engineering. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7643-6_52 (Online ISBN: 978-981-13-7643-6)
- Vipin Sharma, Ujjwal Prakash and B. V. Manoj Kumar, Challenges in fabrication of surface composites by friction stir processing route, Advanced Composites for Aerospace, Marine and Land Applications II (Ed. T. Sano and T.S. Srivatsan), TMS (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society), John Wiley & Sons 2015 pp 93-100 (ISBN 978-1-119-08226-2).
- Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Young-Wook Kim, Tribological Behavior of Silicon Carbide Ceramics - A Review, Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society 2016; 53:581-596
- Vipin Sharma, Ujjwal Prakash and B.V. Manoj Kumar, Surface Composites by Friction Stir Processing: A Review, Journal of Materials Processing and Technology 2015;224:117-134
- B. V. Manoj Kumar and Young-Wook Kim. Processing of Polysiloxane-Derived Porous Ceramics- A Review, Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, STAM 2010: 11:044303
- Rajavel Muthaiah, S.R. Meka, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar Development of Dual Phase SiC/Si3N4 Nanostructures on Nanosized SiC particles Philosophical Magazine Letters (in Press 2020)
- Sonali Jamale, B.V. Manoj Kumar Sintering and sliding wear studies of B4C-SiC composites International Journal of Refractory Metals & Hard Materials 87 (2020) 105124 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmhm.2019.105124
Yashpal Gupta, T. Venkateswaran, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar. Influence of angle of incidence, temperature, and SiC content on erosive wear behavior of ZrB2‐SiC composites. , International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology 2019;00:1–9. https ://doi.org/10.1111/ijac.13392
AnupamPurwar, Ariharan S,Bikramjit Basu, B.Venkata ManojKumar, Experimental and computational analysis for thermo-erosive stability assessment of ZrB2-SiC based multiphase composites. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials 2019;84: 104972 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmhm.2019.104972
R. K Singh Yadav, V. Sharma. B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, On the role of sliding load and heat input conditions in friction stir processing on tribology of aluminium alloy–alumina surface composites. Tribology- Materials, Surfaces & Interfaces. 2019;13(2):88-101 https://doi.org/10.1080/17515831.2019.1591085
- Rajavel Muthaiah, S.R. Meka & B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Processing of heat-treated silicon carbide-reinforced aluminum alloy composites. Materials and Manufacturing Processes 2019;34(3):312-320 https://doi.org/10.1080/10426914.2018.1544708
- S. S. Rathore, V. Verma, B.V. Manoj Kumar, Vikram V. Dabhade, Tribological behaviour of sinter-forged Fe-2Cu-0.7C-xMo alloys. Wear 2018:410–411: 222-231 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2018.07.007
- Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Young-Wook Kim Tribology of WC reinforced SiC ceramics: Influence of counterbody. Friction 2019; 7(2): 129–142 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40544-017-0194-2
- Prabhat Chand Yadav, Sandan Kumar Sharma, B.Venkata Manoj Kumar, Sinhoo Kang, Effect of linear velocity on sliding wear behavior of TiCN based cermets, Materials Today: Proceedings 2018;5: 17342–17349 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2018.04.147
- Sandan Kumar Sharmaa , B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Blaz Brodnik Zugelj, Mitjan Kalin, Young-Wook Kim. Room and high temperature reciprocated sliding wear behavior of SiC-WC composites. Ceramics International 2017;43;16827-16834
- Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Young-Wook Kim. Effect of impingement angle and WC content on high temperature erosion behavior of SiC-WC composites- International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials 2017;68:166-171 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2017.09.080
- Sandan Kumar Sharma, Yashpal, Ashish W. Selokar, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, T. Venkateswaran. High Temperature Erosion Behavior of Spark Plasma Sintered ZrB2-SiC Composites, Ceramics International 2017;43;8982-8988 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2017.04.039
- Vikas Verma, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Sliding wear behavior of SPS processed TaC-containing Ti(CN)-WC-NiCo cermets against Silicon Carbide. Wear 2017; 376-377; 1570-1579 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2017.02.013
- R Manoj Kumar, Pallavi Gupta, Sandan Kumar Sharma, Akshat Mittal, Manish Shekhar, Vijayesh Kumar, BV Manoj Kumar, Partha Roy, Debrupa Lahiri, Sustained drug release from surface modified UHMWPE for acetabular cup lining in total hip implant, Materials Science and Engineering C 2017;77:649–661 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2017.03.221
- Vikas Verma, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Processing of alumina-based composites via conventional sintering and their characterization, Materials and Manufacturing Processes 2017;32:21–26 https://doi.org/10.1080/10426914.2016.1198023
- Vikas Verma, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Tribological characteristics of conventionally sintered TiCN-WC-Ni/Co cermets against cemented carbide, Ceramics International 2017; 43:368-375 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2016.09.167
- Vikas Verma, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Processing of TiCN-WC-Ni/Co cermets via Conventional and Spark Plasma Sintering Technique, Transactions of Indian Institute of Metals 2017;70: 843-853 10.1007/s12666-017-1069-y
- Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Young-Wook Kim, Tribological Behavior of Silicon Carbide Ceramics - A Review, Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society 2016; 53:581-596 https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2016.53.6.581
- Vikas Verma, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Sinhoo Kang, Sliding wear behaviour of TaC-containing Ti(CN)-WC-Ni/Co cermets, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology 2016; 13:1033-1042 https://doi.org/10.1111/ijac.12583
- Vipin Sharma, Ujjwal Prakash, B.V. Manoj Kumar, Surface Composites by Friction Stir Processing: A Review, Journal of Materials Processing and Technology 2015;224:117-13 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2015.04.019
- Vipin Sharma, Ujjwal Prakash, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Challenges in fabrication of surface composites by friction stir processing route, Advanced Composites for Aerospace, Marine and Land Applications II (Ed. T. Sano and T.S. Srivatsan), TMS (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society), John Wiley & Sons 2015 pp 93-100 (ISBN 978-1-119-08226-2)
- Supriya Gupta, Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Young-Wook Kim, Tribological characteristics of SiC ceramics sintered with a small amount of yttria, Ceramics International 2015;41:14780-14789 10.1016/j.ceramint.2015.07.210
- Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Young-Wook Kim, Effect of WC addition on sliding wear behavior of SiC ceramics, Ceramics International 2015;41:3427-3437. 10.1016/j.ceramint.2014.10.144
- Manoj Kumar R, Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Debrupa Lahiri, Effects of Carbon Nanotube Aspect ratio on strengthening and tribological behaviour of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene composite, Composites: Part A 2015; 76: 62-72
- Yashpal, Vipin Sharma, B.V. Manoj Kumar, Issues in determining size of nano-crystalline ceramic particles by X-ray diffraction, Materials Today: Proceedings 2015;2: 3534 – 3538 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2015.07.330
- Vipin Sharma, Yahshpal, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Ujjwal Prakash, Friction stir processing strategies of uniform distribution of reinforcement in a surface composite, Materials and Manufacturing Processes 2016;31: 1384–1392. https://doi.org/10.1080/10426914.2015.1103869
- A. Selokar , U. Prakash, D. B. Goel, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Cavitation erosion and solid particle erosion behaviour of a nitrogen alloyed austenitic stainless steel, ISIJ International 2015;55:1123-1130. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.55.1123
- Vipin Goyal, Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Effect of lubrication on tribological behaviour of martensitic stainless steel Materials Today: Proceedings 2015;2: 1082 – 1091 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2015.07.013
- D. C. Joshi, S. Nayak, P. Suresh , K. S. Suresh, B. V. Manoj Kumar, S. Thota, The X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and high-temperature structural studies of Zn1−xNixO/NiO two-phase composites Physica Status Solidi B 2015;252: 2323-2329 https://doi.org/10.1002/pssb.201552367
- Vipin Sharma, U. Prakash, B.V. Manoj Kumar Microstructural and mechanical characteristics of AA2014/SiC surface composite fabricated by friction stir processing Materials Today: Proceedings 2015;2: 2666 – 2670 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2015.07.229
- Sandan Kumar Sharma, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Kwang-Young Lim, Young-Wook Kim, S.K. Nath. Erosion behaviour of SiC-WC composites, Ceramics International 2014;40:6829-6839. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2013.11.146
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Wentao Zhai, Jung-Hye Eom, Young-Wook Kim and Chul B. Park Processing Highly Porous SiC Ceramics Using Poly (Ether-co-Octene) and Hollow Microsphere Templates Journal of Materials Science 2011;46:3664-3667.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Jung-Hye Eom, Young-Wook Kim, In-Hyuck Song, Hai-Doo Kim. Effect of Aluminum Hydroxide Content on Porosity and Strength of Porous Mullite-Bonded Silicon Carbide Ceramics Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan 2011;119:367-370.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Kwang-Young Lim, Young-Wook Kim, Influence of Submicron SiC Particle Addition on Porosity and Flexural Strength of Porous Self-Bonded Silicon Carbide Metals and Materials International 2011;17:435-440.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Jung-Hye Eom, Young-Wook Kim Effect of filler addition on porosity and strength of polysiloxane-derived porous silicon carbide ceramics, Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan 2011; 119 : 48-54.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Young-Wook Kim, Dae-Soon Lim, Won-Seon Seo. Influence of Small Amount of Sintering Additives on Unlubricated Sliding Wear Properties of SiC Ceramics, Ceramics International 2011;37:3599-3608
- Jung-Hoo Shin, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Jae-Hee Kim and Seong-Hyeon Hong. “Tribological Poroperties of Si3N4/SiC Nano-Nano Composite Ceramics, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2011;94:3683-3685
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Young-Wook Kim. Processing of Polysiloxane-Derived Porous Ceramics- A Review, Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, STAM 2010: 11:044303 [Among TOP 3 % of all IOP journal publications; listed as one of the most popular articles from STAM in 2010]
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Jung-Hye Eom, Young-Wook Kim, In-Sub Han, Sang-Kuk Woo. Effect of Aluminum Source on Flexural Strength of Mullite-Bonded Porous Silicon Carbide Ceramics, Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan 2010; 118:13-18.
- B V Manoj Kumar, Myong-Hoon Roh, Young-Wook Kim, Wonjoong Kim, Sang Whan Park. Mechanical properties of SiC Ceramics sintered with RE2O3 (RE: Sc, Lu, Y) and AlN Additives, Metals and Materials International 2010;16:229-233.
- Aditya Jain, B. Basu, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Harshavardhan and J. Sarkar. Grain Size -Wear Rate Relationship for Titanium in Liquid Nitrogen Environment, Acta Materialia 2010;58:2313-2323.
- B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Won-Sik Kim, Seong-Hyeon Hong, Hung-Tak Bae, Dae-Soon Lim. Effect of grain size on wear behavior in Y-TZP ceramics, Materials Science and Engineering A 2010; 527:474–479.
- Jae-Hee Kim, B. Venkata Manoj Kumar, Seong-Hyeon Hong, Hai-Doo Kim. Fabrication of Silicon Nitride Nano-Ceramics and Their Tribological Properties. Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2010;93:1461-1466.
- B V Manoj Kumar, Myong-Hoon Roh, Young-Wook Kim, Wonjoong Kim, Sang Whan Park. Effect of additive composition on microstructure and mechanical properties of SiC ceramics sintered with small amount of RE2O3 (RE: Sc, Lu, Y) and AlN, Journal of Materials Science 2009; 44:5939–5943
- Bikramjit Basu, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Paul S. Gilman. Deformation of High Purity Cold Worked Copper during Sliding Against Bearing Steel in Cryogenic Environment. Journal of Materials Science 2009; 44:2300-2309.
- Atiar R. Molla, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Bikramjit Basu. Friction and Wear Mechanisms of K2O–MgO–Al2O3–B2O3–SiO2–F Glass Ceramics. Journal of the European Ceramic Society 2009;29: 2481–2489
- Jae-Hee Kim, Venkata Manoj Kumar B, Won-Sik Kim, Seong-Heyon Hong. Wear properties of silicon nitride-nano ceramics, Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society 2009; 46;505-509. (in Korean)
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Bikramjit Basu. Mechanisms of material removal during high temperature fretting of TiCN–Ni based cermets. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials 2008; 26: 504–513.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Bikramjit Basu, Joze Vizintin, Mitjan Kalin. Tribochemistry in sliding wear of TiCN-Ni based cermets. Journal of Materials Research 2008; 23: 1214-1227.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Bikramjit Basu. Fretting wear properties of TiCN-Ni cermets: Influence of load and secondary carbide addition. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 2008; 39A :539-550.
- M. Karanjai, B.V. Manoj Kumar, R. Sundaresan, B. Basu, T.R. Ramamohan, B.P.Kashyap; Fretting wear study on Ti-Ca-P biocomposites in dry and simulated body fluids; Materials Science Engineering A 2008;475:299–307.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Bikramjit Basu, Mitjan Kalin, Joze Vizintin. Load dependent transition in sliding wear properties of TiCN-WC-Ni cermets. Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2007; 90:1534-1540.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, R. Balasubramiam, Bikramjit Basu. Electrochemical behavior of TiCN-Ni based cermets. Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2007; 90 : 205–210.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, J Ram Kumar, Bikramjit Basu. Crater wear mechanisms of TiCN-Ni-WC cermets during dry machining. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials 2007; 25[5-6]:392-399.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, J. Ramkumar, Bikramjit Basu, S. Kang. Electro-discharge machining performance of TiCN-based cermets; International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials 2007; 25:293-299.
- Manas Ranjan Tripathy, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Bikramjit Basu, R. K. Dube, S. C. Koria. Tribological behavior of steel backed Al-Sn Strips prepared via spray atomization-deposition-rolling Route; Materials Science and Technology 2006; 22 :1-8.
- Debdas Roy, Bikramjit Basu, Amitava Basu Mallick, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Sumit Ghosh; Understanding the unlubricated friction and wear behavior of Fe-aluminide reinforced Al-based in-situ metal matrix composite; Composites: Part A 2006; 37:1464-1472
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, Bikramjit Basu, S. Kang, J. Ramkumar. Erosion wear behavior of TiCN-Ni cermets containing secondary carbides (WC/NbC/TaC). Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2006; 89 : 3827-3831.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, B. Basu; Evolution in friction and wear of fretting wear of Mg-SiCp composites: Influence of fretting duration; Journal of Materials Research 2005; 20:801-812.
- B. V. Manoj Kumar, B. Basu, V S R Murthy, Manoj Gupta; The role of tribochemistry on fretting wear of Mg-SiC particulate composites; Composites: Part A 2005;36;13-23.
- D. Sarkar, B. V. Manoj Kumar, S. Ahn, S. Kang , B. Basu, Fretting wear behavior of Ti(CN)-based advanced cermets; Key Engineering Materials 2004; 264-268:1115-1119.
- Debasish Sarkar, B. V. Manoj Kumar, Bikramjit Basu. Fretting Wear behavior of Ti(CN)-Ni Cermet: Influence of Secondary carbide content; Metals, Materials and Processes 2004; 16:397-402.