DUE TO CORONA VIRUS TRSD 2020 HAS BEEN POSTPONED TILL FURTHER NOTICE.
International Conference on Teaching and Rehabilitation Strategies for the Deaf (TRSD)
March 14-15, 2020
Department of Management Studies and Anushruti Academy for the Deaf, IIT Roorkee, ROORKEE – 247667
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
As we are aware, only a small percentage of Specially Abled. (Divyang) children have facilities to receive education in our country and the percentage of those receiving technical education and vocational training is even worse. The methods used for educating and training are still traditional and old and the modern day science and technology has yet to create an appropriate impact in the area of the education of the disabled. Further, since the untouched population is large, it is imperative to think of various ways and means by which the Education and Vocational Training need be planned in future. Rehabilitation facilities for Deaf are also inadequate in India. IIT Roorkee felt it necessary to brainstorm at global level on various issues on effective methods of teaching and rehabilitating the Deaf on modern and scientific lines. Therefore, this conference is being organized on the following themes:
1. Education and Rehabilitation strategies - issues, challenges and case studies of individuals/ organizations.
2. Development of modern educational technology and production of educational/training material. Teaching aids, Computer aided instructions and Self instructional modules Etc.
3. Development of appropriate curricula.
4. Techniques for improving communication skills – Modes of Communication.
5. Integrated education approach/mainstreaming techniques.
6. Strength and weaknesses of various existing models and evolving a cost-effective model under Indian conditions.
7. Attitudinal changes- Breaking the psycho-social barriers.
8. Research and development strategies.
9. Identification of suitable trades for non-formal education, training and rehabilitation of illiterate Deaf adults.
10. Assistive devices for the Deaf.
11. Fund raising techniques for the institutions.
12. Early intervention and parent counselling.
13. Psychological evaluation and counselling.
14. Teacher education and training.
15. Test battery approach: how important is it ?
16. How important is early identification of hearing loss ?
17. Govt. schemes for the hearing impaired.
18. New Education Policy – 2019 and its impact on education of Special Children (Divyang).
19. Any other relevant theme.
Please see full brochure of the conference by clicking at the registration form link given at the top of the page.