The Placement Committee at the Department of Management Studies IIT Roorkee is responsible for managing the complete placement process for the department. The team communicates with the corporate in regards to meetings, talks, negotiations, invitations, and the final selection of students to ensure that everyone participating in this process benefits.
The DoMS IIT Roorkee Placement Cell works to ensure that the recruitment process is successful for all candidates, with the goal of achieving a 100% placement record every year. The committee consists of members selected through a layered process. The placement committee is headed by the Training and Placement Officer(TPO) who collectively works towards the objective of acquainting the students of the department with industries. The process is centralized, with placement committees vetting the CVs, forwarding them to companies, setting up interviews, and communicating job offers. The final placement is an activity that every student looks forward to with tremendous anticipation and hope. Since students enter employment and begin on yet another road of self-reliance and self-fulfillment, it marks the conclusion of hard work, optimism, and goal for the future. As a result, it is an important milestone for each student, and the placement committee serves as a facilitator to assist students in reaching this goal. The cell organizes and extends services toward collaborative placement activities to attain the ultimate objective.
The primary responsibilities of the placement committee include:
1) Managing and maintaining corporate relations of the Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee
2) Organizing and coordinating recruitment activities and other related engagements on campus
3) Responsible for identifying the prospective recruiters based on batch profile & requirements
4) Exploring new opportunities for student live projects and student corporate interactions in addition to the placement activities
5) Creating awareness among students regarding available career options, helping them in identifying their career objectives, and acting as a bridge between students, alumni, and recruiters
We are tasked with not only bringing recruiters to the campus but also training and preparing the students for the placement cycle. The committee helps right from building the CV of the students to that of giving them an idea of how to tackle personal interviews. The students are assigned placement representatives who guide them with placement training, queries, and other placement-related activities. The relatively small batch size helps the students as well as placement representatives to better focus on the training of students which in turn helps the department achieve splendid placement figures year on year.