Internal Complaints CommitteeIITR

Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)

In accordance with the provisions in the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 the current composition of Internal Complaints Committee of IIT Roorkee is as follows:

Name Details Department
Prof. Ranjana Pathania (Presiding officer), Phone:5324(O),+91 9761305971 Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
Prof. Anjan Sil (Member) Phone:5073(O), +91-9412950846 Department of Met. & Materials Engg.
Prof. Ajay (Member) Phone:5576(O), +91-9758328484 Department of Physics
Prof. Brajesh Kumar Kaushik (Member) Phone:5662(O), +91-9412307694 Department of Elect. & Comm. Engg.
Dr. Shikha Jain (Member) Phone:+91-9927954712 Counsellor, Dean of Students Welfare
Ms. Neetu Singh (Member) Phone: +91-9412158908 Advocate, High Court, Nainital, Uttarakhand
Ms. Sheeba Ramola (Member) Phone:4822(O), +91-9675307304 Dy. Registrar (Administration)

Who can approach ICC and file a complaint?

Any woman employee (faculty and staff including contractual, casual and temporary) of IIT Roorkee, female students, and any women residing in IIT Roorkee Campus or visiting the Campus in any capacity may file a complaint against an incident of sexual harassment.

How to file a complaint?

The person concerned can personally approach/telephone/write/e-mail to any member of ICC followed by the submission of a formal written complaint as a printed copy addressed to the Presiding Officer, ICC within 90 days of the incident about which the complaint is filed. The ICC is required to complete the process of inquiry and submit its report within 90 days of the filing of the complaint.

The formal complaint must contain the following:

• Date and time of the incident
• The place where it occurred
• Name and contact information of the accused
• Name and contact information of witnesses
• Detailed description of the incident
Please seek assistance from the ICC if you are not sure how to write the complaint.
All information related to a complaint will be kept strictly confidential.

Where to file a complaint?

You can communicate with the Presiding Officer or any other member of the ICC through phone or email. For purpose of further enquiry, you will have to submit a formal written complaint addressed to the Presiding Officer, ICC

For more information please visit the website
Click here